FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Today at 4:06 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by Jerdon Today at 2:42 pm

» Things are looking better!
by kin Today at 12:48 pm

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Today at 11:33 am

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Classic Accessories Colorado

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Classic Accessories Colorado Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:13 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I recently picked up an almost new Classic Accessories Colorado kickboat/pontoon boat.  Essentially new, the fellow only took it out once, everything was there including the box etc.  
I've owned a kickboat almost exactly like it in the past so no surprises.  Purchasing it as I did right at the tail end of my tubing season is kind of a bummer, but this gives me all Winter to mod it.  I have a lake close by where I can test out any mods before getting salty.  
I'm starting this thread as a living document sort of thing, encouraging you guys to pitch ideas as I build.  Rod holders are pretty simple, that's not why I'm posting here.  I want to have a twin propeller pedal drive on it.  In my head, it's two of the drill propellers with a pedal shaft from a pedal/paddle boat in the middle, attached with either two right angle drill attachments or the housings from angle grinders.  This would translate the pedaling to the prop shafts.  
I'll post pics later, this is just to get the juices flowing.  Feel free to poke holes in the idea or add your two cents as you see fit.  It's my keeping sane over the Winter project.

2Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:25 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Bummer its the end of your season, I thought tubing season was from January 1 to December 31, just my 2 cents.

3Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:35 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Is this chain driven, if so your going to need a big gear up front and a tiny gear in the back to get shaft speed or some kind of transfer case. If not i think you would have to pedal really fast

4Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Na, I tend to pack in the tubes til the water warms up a bit.
As for chain or direct, I plan on this being direct drive, no sprockets or chains.

5Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:00 am

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

JohnnyB that's a really good point about the gearing that I hadn't thought about. I guess the two ways to deal with it would be to either add some sort of gearing to the connection between the pedal shaft and the prop shaft, or come up with a higher resistance screw. A steeper angled, higher surface area prop would probably be easier to do but less efficient. I'll have to ponder this and do some more research. Thank you for the input.

6Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:46 am

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Im not sure how pedal boats work, i think they use a a round paddle like on a classic river boat. Maybe it would be easier to use the whole drivetrain from the pedal boat.

7Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:58 am

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Yeeeesh...ish. the problem with the paddleboat drive train is that the paddle sits between two pedal shafts, I need my drive prop/paddle to sit behind me. There may be single person versions that place the paddle behind. I'll have to look into it. I do like the paddle boat for it's simplicity though. It's a pretty robust design vs a right angle worm gear etc.

8Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Fri Nov 06, 2020 12:59 pm

JohnnyB

JohnnyB
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I thought i saw one for sale awhile back on offer up, i thought the wheel was in the back but i may be wrong

9Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:18 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Can you post up some pics or drawings of what you are working towards?
I am having a hard time visioning how it will attach.

10Classic Accessories Colorado Empty Re: Classic Accessories Colorado Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:49 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this would sit below the seat, with the props angled downward toward the water in back, the pedals angled up in front. I hope that's legible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum