FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Things are looking better!
by kin Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:55 am

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

New perspective, Yak life?!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New perspective, Yak life?! Empty New perspective, Yak life?! Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:49 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Greetings,
It’s been a long time my friends. Much has happened the last few years. Mostly involving work, and as a result I have been shorebound for a majority of the time. I no longer own a toon, and I’m trying to get rid of my toob. It’s an old Trout Trap, I believe it is the 350. I think I bought it in the late eighties.It is big, slow, and heavy....oh but the fish I’ve caught in that toob!
plus a whole pile of toobing gear. Fins, pumps, nets, all kinds of crap... Free just come and get it....perfect for someone who wants to get started.
Oh and by the way, I also have a brand new pair of 7’ and 9’ low profile double cell pontoons for a Buck’s Bags River Ghost (9’) and Alpine Pontoon (7’). They have been inflated twice, and have never seen water. I bought them and used them for my frame mock-ups. Again, just come and get them.

Anyways all that aside, the fact of the matter is I am about to pull the trigger on a NuCanoe Frontier 12 KAYAK w/MotorGuide Xi3.  I know, I know, I used to talk smack about yaks back when they really were “..the worst possible fishing platform “.
But...boy have they improved since then.....

Look here’s the deal. Last year was a very interesting year for me. I started it off last December with a heart attack. Three stents and a pacemaker later, I had one of those “come to Jesus” moments and copped a much needed new attitude about everything. Quit smoking, trying to eat better, and moderate my drinking. Trying to love on my family more, try to be more patient with Dems, Libs, ( the poor things, they do mean well...) and generally just be a better man.

Oddly I also had a crazy year fishing. I literally went only about a half dozen times, and broke 4 personal bests, and 3 bucket list fish. I suddenly had a completely new focus. I realized that for most of my life I was so concentrated on “catching” that I had forgotten about the “fishing” part. How much skill, concentration, confidence, and calm determination it took. How truly satisfying to the spirit when you can calmly walk up to a piece of water, and win or lose, catch or miss, walk away satisfied that you fished at a high level of competence. That your mechanics were sharp, you know what happened, and were completely confident in your choices.  

So, I’m buying a yak, and I’m going back out there and rediscover fishing.

bodfish

kin likes this post

2New perspective, Yak life?! Empty Re: New perspective, Yak life?! Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:07 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Man bodfish I am so sorry to hear about your heart attack but so glad you are ok now. As for the Kayak thing we will remove you from the site today lol! Na fishing is fishing bro its all good.
Sounds like you got some good gear to pass on someone is going make out with some pretty sweet gear.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3New perspective, Yak life?! Empty Re: New perspective, Yak life?! Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:14 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

You certainly had a lot of stuff going on and it sounds like you ended up at the really nice yak!

SP Dan

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4New perspective, Yak life?! Empty Re: New perspective, Yak life?! Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:28 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Good luck out there bodfish you are still enjoying the outdoors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum