FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Today at 11:54 am

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by jeffcpr Today at 11:51 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Yesterday at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Yesterday at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions

+3
SP Dan
Bullgill66
KendoPro
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:34 pm

KendoPro

FTFF Gathering Officer

Hello! I am new to the site and have been trolling for a while. This site has tons of great information and has opened my eyes to all the different selection of tubes available. I have been wanting to get into tubing for a while now but have not been able to pull the trigger. Due to covid the lakes in SOCAL are PACKED! This made me want a tube even more as i would rather be in the water than to stand 12" from the fisherman next to me. Also most of these lakes do not allow private boats.

I have finally narrowed my self down to a few tubes and would like some suggestions and or feed back.

1. Cumberland (costco has a deal with the tube and fins for $150. Seems like most people start here.)

2. Seven Bass Element (I like this one because of the movable bag option and seems like a slightly better build. I do understand the issue with customer service as i have the same issue with JDM tackle and willing to take the risk for a better product.)

Could some of you provide some pros and cons on each model and some opinions on the products to help me make my decision? Any feedback is welcomed! Hope to see you guys on the water and Thank you!

2Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:25 am

Bullgill66

Bullgill66
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I love my Cumberland. The seat rides very high. I am a very large guy, it fits me fine. Abused it for three years ( 200 outings ) before it developed a leak. I was able to get replacement bladders from classic accessories. Definitely the best bang for the buck.

3Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:34 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Bullgill66 wrote:I love my Cumberland.  The seat rides very high. I am a very large guy, it fits me fine.  Abused it for three years ( 200 outings ) before it developed a leak. I was able to get replacement bladders from classic accessories.  Definitely the best bang for the buck.

I agree!!! 👍

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

4Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:57 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

The Cumberland ........................ Best bang for the Buck

5Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:51 pm

FloatTubeIQ

Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I've been looking at a lot of tube designs and figuring out the physics behind the designs.  Dollar for dollar, the Cumberland probably provides the most in quality and design.  The tube extends further to the front in its full diameter beyond the seat significantly more than the other popular brand, Outcast, and will be more stable when you lean forward. However, Costco is apparently out of stock and oversold.  

If you are going to compare the Cumberland and Sevenbass Element, on paper the Sevenbass is 11 inches longer. This is substantial. However, going by the photos, the extra length seems to be to the REAR of the fisherman while the Cumberland has a longer front. I would think that the Cumberland is more balanced of the two.  Also, Cumberland's rating is 350lbs while the Element is 300 lbs. I personally take weight ratings with a grain of salt unless the Cumberland tube diameter is larger.

One more note. For inflatables, I'm not a fan of the Element's black or dark colors as they absorb a lot more heat when it is sunny so the air pressure change through the day will be larger and quicker than lighter colors.

I do like the Element's adjustable storage bag though. Nicer design for sure.

If Classic can design a bladderless PVC design equivalent to the Cumberland - perhaps a bit longer - and offer it at the same value proposition, they will have another winner.

Just one person's thoughts.

KendoPro likes this post

6Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:33 pm

KendoPro

FTFF Gathering Officer

Thank you all so much for the information. As I lean closer and closer to start this mission a cumberland, does anyone have any opinion on the seven bass hybrid type float tubes. I know they jump in price but are they worth the extra money to go up to the next level? All opinions and ideas are welcome.

7Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:46 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

So for the hybrids it is a jump in price. This is not for everyone but the move to a hybrid can be a good one for some.
First ask yourself how much do you fish from a tube. If it's just once in a while then the need is not there. Of course if it more like as everytime I fish I tube then it makes sense. Repairs on these hybrids are so much easier then the Canvas cover tubes. Also repairs are few and far between as most hybrids are bullet proof. The ability to modify a hybrid is a big deal as well. There are so many options.
But I think the big question is how often are you going to be using it. That question alone will tell you traditional or Hybrid.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

KendoPro likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

8Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Rockjaw

FTFF Gathering Officer

I own a Cumberland and would buy it again in a heartbeat. It is a fantastic tube. I strap on a Deeper Chirp fish finder and it works great. There is nothing quite like fishing from a float tube. I'm trying to get my buddy interested in float tubing and that Costco deal sounds it might be a small enough of an investment for him to pull the trigger. I didn't see it on Costco's website. What part of the country is Costco selling the Cumberlands?

9Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:06 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Not sure what area but I am thinking California. The deal is amazing but it's so good it t goes fast. Keep looking it should come back soon we all hope

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Rockjaw likes this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

10Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:38 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

For me it’s not so much about how much money that I can spend but more about how much do I really want to spend to catch fish. I fish five days a week in the salt water.

I catch lots of fish on my Cumberland and so can you on whatever it is that you decide to purchase! 👍

Bullgill66 likes this post

11Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:54 am

KendoPro

FTFF Gathering Officer

Rockjaw wrote:I own a Cumberland and would buy it again in a heartbeat.  It is a fantastic tube.  I strap on a Deeper Chirp fish finder and it works great.  There is nothing quite like fishing from a float tube.  I'm trying to get my buddy interested in float tubing and that Costco deal sounds it might be a small enough of an investment for him to pull the trigger.  I didn't see it on Costco's website.  What part of the country is Costco selling the Cumberlands?

It was on the US website for about 3 days then it was gone. It seems it sells out super quick. I missed it ZZZZZZZ

12Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:55 am

KendoPro

FTFF Gathering Officer

thank you all for your help on this. It looks like ill go the way of the cumberland. I missed the costco deal but this looks like either way the way Ill be going. Now just to find some waders fins and the other parts of the puzzle ill need to get it done.

13Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:58 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

You can't go wrong with a Cumberland!
I hope that you wont have to wait too long before getting one! Thumbs Up

14Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Empty Re: Noob Looking for Tube Suggestions Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:40 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

KendoPro wrote:thank you all for your help on this. It looks like ill go the way of the cumberland. I missed the costco deal but this looks like either way the way Ill be going. Now just to find some waders fins and the other parts of the puzzle ill need to get it done.

There is no doubt the Cumberland is a fish catching machine. I am sure you will enjoy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum