FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking to get onto a float tube

+12
Aquaholic38
jeffcpr
BASSGEEK
ed5000x
Tubinferbass
fishntoss
Dano67
waxon67
HEADCASE881
MASSfisher
n2deepfsw
IN2DEEP
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:16 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys, float tube virgin here
Been looking around at this forum and it looks pretty cool and friendly.

Been a boat owner since 1983
Current boat is 22' which is fine for FW trolling and anchoring in deeper water but not too good for fishing "in tight"
Thought about getting a kayak but it seems like more of a hassle that I want to do at this time.
Eyeballing a Fishcat 4 for my first float tube. Mainly for lakes and some harbor/bay fishing
I love to modify/build things and from what I've been seeing, I'm going to have fun with it.

If I can't find the answer to my questions, I'll be asking for your opinions.
Scott

2Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:19 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the forum in2deep! Great Name!! Lol

3Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:53 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fishcat 4 is an awesome choice and like you said...you can definitely get in tight with it....and youll save a ton on gas.

Welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

4Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:36 pm

welcome to the forum.
you cant go wrong with a fish cat even though i dont have one. you can modify just about any tube out there. its just a matter how much money you want to spend for your first tube

5Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:57 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good point miller...it depends on how much you wanna spend on your first tube....

Ive been tubing for like 4 months now and have already had 3 tubes. Fortunately each time i upgraded one of my buddies bought the older one off me.....even tho i got some money for them i obviously lost money in the end. My advice.....buy a good tube the first time and youll be set! The fishcat has a 5 year warranty (i belive) and at $200 its seriously not that much more than some of the less worthy tubes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

6Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:05 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Outcast, the makers of fish cat are a great company. They have great customer service and stands behind there products 100%, you can't go wrong. Also check out bucks bag "roughneck" bladder less tube looks super sweet!

7Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:46 pm

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

welcome to the site!!! what fresh water lakes do you fish? i know we have a pretty big lake perris crew here any time you go just hit the site up someone will bite.

8Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:55 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fish Cat, Fish Cat, Fish Cat...I own a ODC 420. But I use Fish Cat Bladders. Fish Cat Fish Cat Fish Cat!! No really...Fish Cat. Oh and welcome aboard!!

9Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:31 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Fish Cat all the way!!! Welcome aboard!

10Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:53 pm

fishntoss

fishntoss
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I too would like to own a fishcat. But,,for my first tube I couldn't afford it. Only reason being is that I needed everything else. Waders, fins, small tackle boxes to fit in the pockets of the tube, booty's to go over the socks on the waders, etc. Now that I have the other stuff, I'll probably upgrade to the Fishcat when the one I own now dies..

You can sometimes find someone who is selling their whole set-up pretty cheap..good hunting, er.. fishing..

11Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to this great site!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

12Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:00 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome a float

13Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:57 pm

Dano67

Dano67

Buy it used,Most people do not use their tubes very much or the waders and related items. You can usually find a really nice setup if you look constantly and are ready to jump on it as soon as it posts. If you are interested, I will help you find something. I bet Ed5000X would lend a hand as well Very Happy

14Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:14 am

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Intodeepfsw you a Used cat sales man now or what?! green happy

15Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:08 am

Dano67

Dano67

Its because they are the BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

16Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:18 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

welcome you cannot go wrong with a fish cat 4 good luck

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

17Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:49 am

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you for the warm welcome What a Face
Fishcat, Fishcat, Fishcat... Yep. Haven't noticed any reviews saying not to get one.
Seems that many with the fishcat 4 want to upgrade to the deluxe model with the inflatable seat?
I want to get the deluxe so I won't want to upgrade later but unsure which color. Leaning towards the green one(hides the dirt better).
I've read that the red one is more visible to the boaters. Is visibility to others much of a concern to you guys?

HEADCASE881 wrote:welcome to the site!!! what fresh water lakes do you fish? i know we have a pretty big lake perris crew here any time you go just hit the site up someone will bite.
Thanks for the heads up on Perris! Once I get into this I'll hit it up
My fishing/hunting club (Southwest Anglers) has an anual weekend trip up to Lake Isabella. I swore that I wasn't going to pay for a rental boat next year($$$)
I'm either going to tow the boat there or avoid that hassle and fish the tube there. Hopefully the wind doesn't come up early.
Went camping and fishing at Lake Lopez last summer. Looks like a fun lake to tube at. Lopez has some quality bass and panfish there!

I'm close to the coast, so I'll be hitting the ocean areas that I can't get to with the boat or don't want to hassle with it.

Thanks

18Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:23 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

IN2DEEP wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome What a Face
Fishcat, Fishcat, Fishcat... Yep. Haven't noticed any reviews saying not to get one.
Seems that many with the fishcat 4 want to upgrade to the deluxe model with the inflatable seat?
I want to get the deluxe so I won't want to upgrade later but unsure which color. Leaning towards the green one(hides the dirt better).
I've read that the red one is more visible to the boaters. Is visibility to others much of a concern to you guys?

HEADCASE881 wrote:welcome to the site!!! what fresh water lakes do you fish? i know we have a pretty big lake perris crew here any time you go just hit the site up someone will bite.
Thanks for the heads up on Perris! Once I get into this I'll hit it up
My fishing/hunting club (Southwest Anglers) has an anual weekend trip up to Lake Isabella. I swore that I wasn't going to pay for a rental boat next year($$$)
I'm either going to tow the boat there or avoid that hassle and fish the tube there. Hopefully the wind doesn't come up early.
Went camping and fishing at Lake Lopez last summer. Looks like a fun lake to tube at. Lopez has some quality bass and panfish there!

I'm close to the coast, so I'll be hitting the ocean areas that I can't get to with the boat or don't want to hassle with it.

Thanks

Green lends itself to ninja night fishing in the harbors. If your into that sort of thing...

19Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:51 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome to the site brotha!
Oh yea, fish cat! Delux! No that I own one but I want to!

20Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:13 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

welcome to the forums everyone here has good info u will find useful

21Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:55 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

welcome bradda hope to tube wit ya we all get together often a hanapa'a da kind. Your choice of tube is my choice for my next float tube I'm happy with the one I have now but its getting beat up and its time for a new da kind

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

22Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

I would say Red because of the visability to other boaters, No it is not a big problem, but why chance it right.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

23Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:41 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Welcome brother,
Have you ever considered a toon?

bodfish

24Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:12 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:I would say Red because of the visability to other boaters, No it is not a big problem, but why chance it right.
Do the red ones stain easily and show dirt?

bodfish wrote:
Welcome brother,
Have you ever considered a toon?
bodfish
Haven't really looked into a toon
They seem on the large side to me. Do you paddle all of them or can you kick with fins on some of them? I would like to keep my hands free for fishing
I'm still wanting a kayak to be able to travel longer distances. Either a Hobie Outback or Revolution with the pedel drive santa
Are toons good for covering a lot of water?

25Looking to get onto a float tube Empty Re: Looking to get onto a float tube Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Dano67

Dano67

The red does not stain

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum