FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Yesterday at 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

got on the water for the firsdt time

+6
n2deepfsw
jeffcpr
MASSfisher
waxon67
Fisher
salty fly
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1got on the water for the firsdt time Empty got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:14 am

salty fly

salty fly
FTFF Gathering Officer

Well, got the tube wet for the first time yesterday, it was a lot of fun.A few months back, my dad gave me his tube,brand new in the box.He said 'I never even pumped it up,you want it? 'Yes sir' I shot back.So that is the story of how I picked up my new ride.It is a caddis navigator II, It seems to be a ok boat.Now I needed flippers,so I got some at big five, for 25 bucks,I dont need to spend more for something I dont know I will like. Grabed the largest pair,to fit over my stocking foot waders and booties.Went home,did not fit,back to the store to take them back.I live by the beach, so there is a lot of water sports around that need flippers,so I looked at all the thrift shops.I ended up finding float tube fins! They were the same brand as my tube,I was stoked, 4 bucks.cant beat that.The straps looked a little week but whatever, I can beef it up.I went home tried them on, fit ok, with the straps that were on there.Off to the lake I went,a small city lake by my place.The fishing is not all that hot there but there are some bass,good place to get a line wet after work.Got all geared up and hit the water.There were a group of R/C sail boat guys by the dock where I took of from.The day was becoming windy,I have to learn how to use this thing in some wind anyway,so I kicked off with my back to wind.Hoping I could go up wind.I made it out about 10 feet past the boat dock before I stoped dead in my tracks.I was kicking like crazy and hardly moving,these sailboat guys were all watching me.So,I need to get out of here. I kicked and kicked and made it around a small point and in to the willows,where I was away from the wind.It was great out on the water on this thing,it was a blast,it would have been more fun if hooked up though.I have a lot to learn about tubing,Like kicking,turning just getting use to the thing.The straps on my fins suck,they come loose the whole time I was on the water,I am going to put new straps on them.I gonna get this thing rigged before top water starts heating up and get out there and rip some lips.I will post my tube reports.Hope I will get some hogs abord my float tube.My fishing goal this year is to get a double digit fish on the fly rod,almost made it last year.

Tight lines,
Bryan'salty fly'

2got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:17 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice glad u got it wet

3got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:42 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Way to go! I have that tube in my fleet.

4got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:44 pm

MASSfisher

MASSfisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice...at least you got out there. The wind can be a real b!%&+ sometimes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/brian21x

5got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:29 pm

Congrats on your 1st putting. Things will get easier for you. Yes the wind can be pain in the a$$

6got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:43 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Well done bro I am sure once you get those small thing fixed you will be a die hard like the rest of us. Hang in there and always have a good time. We will be looking cyclops for your next report.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

7got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:46 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wtg!

8got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:45 pm

IN2DEEP

IN2DEEP
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice!
I'm new to tubing also.
Wasn't sure if it was for me.
Now, I'm craving for the next session.
It's good exercise too!
After a few sessions, you will learn how to move your feet to maneuver about.
I've found that when you need to get to a distant spot, pace yourself and you will eventually get there. Thumbs Up

9got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:31 pm

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Congrats on your maiden voyage. I just got my tube the other day (Cumberland) and I am still getting odds and ends together before I go on my maiden voyage. I was just wondering, where is Los Osos? I never heard of this place before.

10got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:05 am

salty fly

salty fly
FTFF Gathering Officer

FishinPhil wrote:Congrats on your maiden voyage. I just got my tube the other day (Cumberland) and I am still getting odds and ends together before I go on my maiden voyage. I was just wondering, where is Los Osos? I never heard of this place before.
Los Osos is on the south side of Morro bay, in San luis obispo county,on the central coast.I am going to try to get out this after noon.

11got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:38 pm

CPT Kirk

CPT Kirk
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice going Im glad you got out.

http://bassinthehood.com

12got on the water for the firsdt time Empty Re: got on the water for the firsdt time Sun Feb 19, 2012 7:44 pm

jayman

jayman
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

4 bucks for fins! WHAT! that's awesome! Glad you had a good time. It took fishing to a new level for me. Don't get me wrong, I'd still shore fish just as much. But I've been lucky enough to get a tube, and I love it! Thanks for the post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum