FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Today at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Today at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Today at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Today at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Today at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Today at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pier J - 2012.04.11

+4
ed5000x
HEADCASE881
waxon67
.:LOLLY:.
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:24 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Didn't put this in the "Non-surf fishing reports" since I didn't catch anything Embarassed

I saw something that I had never seen there before, at least not like this.

First off, I got out of work and decide I wanted to go fish. I exit the 710 on the shoreline exit and guess what... The street is blocked off due to the upcoming race (insert face palm emoticon here). Damn, I completely forgot. Make a u-turn and decide to head home until I saw a sign that said "Pier J". YES, looks like there is hope to get my line wet.

Fast forward, I'm on the rocks and look over to my right, and there it is. There is a seal laid out on the rocks. Didn't look dead from where I was from but I also didn't get close enough to confirm. It was all the way at the top of the rocks, pretty close to the sidewalk.

Has anyone else ever experienced this there? I've seen them in the area but they are always in the water.

2Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:37 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:Didn't put this in the "Non-surf fishing reports" since I didn't catch anything Embarassed

I saw something that I had never seen there before, at least not like this.

First off, I got out of work and decide I wanted to go fish. I exit the 710 on the shoreline exit and guess what... The street is blocked off due to the upcoming race (insert face palm emoticon here). Damn, I completely forgot. Make a u-turn and decide to head home until I saw a sign that said "Pier J". YES, looks like there is hope to get my line wet.

Fast forward, I'm on the rocks and look over to my right, and there it is. There is a seal laid out on the rocks. Didn't look dead from where I was from but I also didn't get close enough to confirm. It was all the way at the top of the rocks, pretty close to the sidewalk.

Has anyone else ever experienced this there? I've seen them in the area but they are always in the water.

Had one in Seal Beach come out of the water and make its way to the men's rest room. I think it was on the news that day. I've seen them come up and lay on the sand with hundreds of people around too. I have no idea what makes them do this.

3Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:40 am

HEADCASE881

HEADCASE881
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Could be sick. I was fishing off the oceanside jetty once when fish and game came and got a pup that was malnurished. in your case it might be this time of year there might not be to much bait in the water and could have starved or be starving

4Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:43 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

HEADCASE881 wrote:Could be sick. I was fishing off the oceanside jetty once when fish and game came and got a pup that was malnurished. in your case it might be this time of year there might not be to much bait in the water and could have starved or be starving

I"m inclined to guess sick as well. Lot's and lot's of bait fish in that area. I also heard by a life guard that sometimes the seals just get really fatigued and beach themselves. Not that a life guard is any expert. But they see the beaches every day.

5Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:48 am

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I was also thinking it was sick or something. I hate them when I'm fishing but still sucks to see them like that...

6Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:13 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:I was also thinking it was sick or something. I hate them when I'm fishing but still sucks to see them like that...

Absolutely. I don't like to see it myself. But good fishermen care about these things contrary to popular belief.

7Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:00 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Only seen seal on the beach well on Catalina but they were begging for food lol

8Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:04 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yea I've been attacked by one on the float tube,..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

9Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I think it's funny when I'm out fishing how alot of people can't imagine why a seal would come on to shore for any reason, wow they must be starving or sick or tired. People standing on piers, beaches or jetty's pointing at the seal on shore in amazment. Maybe it just decided to come on to land like people just decide to go in the water, or maybe it's Darwin at work EVOLUTION! the seals are coming on to land practicing their walking skills to eventually displace us as the master species! All us fools who worried so much about zombies never thought seals would be the end of us =(.

10Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:03 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:I think it's funny when I'm out fishing how alot of people can't imagine why a seal would come on to shore for any reason, wow they must be starving or sick or tired. People standing on piers, beaches or jetty's pointing at the seal on shore in amazment. Maybe it just decided to come on to land like people just decide to go in the water, or maybe it's Darwin at work EVOLUTION! the seals are coming on to land practicing their walking skills to eventually displace us as the master species! All us fools who worried so much about zombies never thought seals would be the end of us =(.
Take of easy on the monster bro drink one a day lol!

11Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:
Vagabond wrote:I think it's funny when I'm out fishing how alot of people can't imagine why a seal would come on to shore for any reason, wow they must be starving or sick or tired. People standing on piers, beaches or jetty's pointing at the seal on shore in amazment. Maybe it just decided to come on to land like people just decide to go in the water, or maybe it's Darwin at work EVOLUTION! the seals are coming on to land practicing their walking skills to eventually displace us as the master species! All us fools who worried so much about zombies never thought seals would be the end of us =(.
Take of easy on the monster bro drink one a day lol!

I see a seal in your future Ed, not just any seal a seal with an angry vengeance one that followes you to every harbor waiting to strike! Like that movie ORCA... but with a seal.

12Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:19 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Vagabond is attacking you ed with wildlife, is that assault with a deadly weapon not sure how the courts would view this.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

13Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:Yea I've been attacked by one on the float tube,..

Seriously? I've seen them swim by really close! but I always heard they won't mess with you if you don't mess with them?

My son was surf fishing in LBC and a sea lion came by pretty close here! (04:15 near end of this video)

14Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:31 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

jeffcpr wrote:Vagabond is attacking you ed with wildlife, is that assault with a deadly weapon not sure how the courts would view this.

Best part of using wildlife... it always looks like an accident and hard to trace back to me Thumbs Up

Cool video Jay! I think I know where you guys were, there a spot out there that alot of guys snag and lose lures on I've always wanted to take a dive out there and see what it is and maybe score a ton of Lucky Crafts and other lures.

15Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Docrunner

Docrunner
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:there a spot out there that alot of guys snag and lose lures on I've always wanted to take a dive out there and see what it is and maybe score a ton of Lucky Crafts and other lures.

Be careful! You might get foul-hooked!
But if you do... 2 of those luckcrafts are mine. Mad

16Pier J - 2012.04.11 Empty Re: Pier J - 2012.04.11 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:39 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:
Lok Dog wrote:Yea I've been attacked by one on the float tube,..

Seriously? I've seen them swim by really close! but I always heard they won't mess with you if you don't mess with them?

Thats total BS, been attacked several times, but only one time it was more than 15 minutes of trying to jump on my tube and bite my face, going after my buddys son, he was only 10 at the time, i finally hooked it in the eye and it went away crying,.. it was like a 500 pound rottweiler that could swim and just as mean! People always wonder why i carry a gaff, i just shake my head and say "you'll find out one day when it happens to you",..

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum