FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Today at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scent for the salt

+19
franklyn562
wirelessbass
biggamefish
Tubetoad
badgerbacker
waxon67
Fisher
.:LOLLY:.
fishslayer
Hammer 4
kg562
n2deepfsw
Vagabond
ed5000x
Lok Dog
Tubinferbass
MASSfisher
bassfishing24/7
thisfool
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:51 pm

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hammer 4 wrote:Ummm, gulp really isn't a scent...Mmmkay.. Razz

yeah, just buy the gulp alive and throw in your plastics lol!

27Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:30 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Vagabond wrote:
waxon67 wrote:Old blender:

Squid
Chovy
Mussel
Crab
Glycerin

Blend on high

Strain through cheese cloth

Bottle it up

Mmmmmmmmmmm goooooood. Very Happy

Freeze what you don't use.

You can also bust open omega 3 capsule on your bait. Nothing but goodies from the sea.

Only problem with this stuff is that you don't get a fancy baseball cap.

uuugh is that your morning power shake you drink before you fish!? add in a little powerbait and wheat grass for good measure!

I figure any bait/scent company claiming they are the best in the business is pretty much moot just like all the resteraunts that claim world's famous and worlds best ribs, burger, steaks ect ect... worlds best according to who?

Powerbait just doesn't mix in very well and eel grass is preferred.
But seriously yeah...Hot Sauce probably gives you the most volume of smootz dollar for dollar regardless weather it is BETTER or NOT...not.

I always figure the best SCENT strategy is keep ya own stank off'n yo bait.

28Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:47 pm

waxon67 wrote:
But seriously yeah...Hot Sauce probably gives you the most volume of smootz dollar for dollar regardless weather it is BETTER or NOT...not.

I always figure the best SCENT strategy is keep ya own stank off'n yo bait.

IMO - hot sauce is the best out there.
for the price, the oz and how long it last on your bait.

yeah, scent is to help keep your oders off your bait and to help keep the fish on just a few sec longer giving you more time to set the hook

I have fished just about all the scents out there.

here is my list in order

1. hot sauce - pros price, size, lasts longer and you get bite
cons - 0
2. pro cure - pros - its thick and last a long time on your bait and it works
3. uni butter - it dose work. cons - price, size and it stinks more
4. smelly jelly, its been a long time that I have used. I know it helps but not sure about anything else on it

Thats my top 4

29Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:03 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great info miller! I do agree with you on Hot Sauce being my top scent too...

30Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:46 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well i am no rock scientist shoot i can barely spell but hot sauce work and so dose the uni butter well i guess what i am saying is what ever works at the time get my attention and maybe it a mixture of the 2 whaen i which from 1 to the other who knows never really tried to mixer them but maybe next time i will try it

31Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:47 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

we can call it uni sauce or hot butter lol

32Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:32 am

kg562

kg562
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:we can call it uni sauce or hot butter lol

lol!

33Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:58 am

badgerbacker

FTFF Gathering Officer

If you haven't tried the scents from Atlas Mike's, I would recommend checking them out. (I have used Unibutter and Hot Sauce)
The price is great on the Atlas Mike's scents, they really stay on your bait and don't melt/solidify like both Hot Sauce and Uni Butter do. Anchovy and Sardine scents have worked great for me. They also make two different Shrimp scents I want to try.

34Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:04 am

bassfishing24/7

bassfishing24/7
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

badgerbacker wrote:If you haven't tried the scents from Atlas Mike's, I would recommend checking them out. (I have used Unibutter and Hot Sauce)
The price is great on the Atlas Mike's scents, they really stay on your bait and don't melt/solidify like both Hot Sauce and Uni Butter do. Anchovy and Sardine scents have worked great for me. They also make two different Shrimp scents I want to try.
Where can i find them at?

35Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:32 am

badgerbacker

FTFF Gathering Officer

Quite a few shops carry the Atlas Mikes product. It looks like this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
I know Jimmy's Outdoors in Anaheim carries it.

36Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Tubetoad

Tubetoad
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I find Procure:Calico Coctail the best saltwater scent. It is cheap,last along time,and most importantly it smells like S**t!

37Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:25 pm

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

thanks for all the info guys

i wound up ordering procure calico coctail.

hopefully it works out well for me.

i know from my experience trout fishing that presentation is the important thing but sometimes a good scent can make the difference

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

38Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

procure baitfish scent and inshore baitfish scent r good also

39Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:20 am

biggamefish

FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Pro-Cure gets the big mamas panties wet for me!

40Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:01 pm

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:For you guys who like to use uni butter, enjoy it now well you can cause rumors are that come next year uni butter will be no more

Now thats funny as hell,.. Suspect

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

41Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:17 am

Lok Dog

Lok Dog
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

UNIBUTTER IS NOT GOONG ANYWHERE!!!

Here's a message from my buddy Tommy about this rumor,..

ATTENTION UNIBUTTER USERS: There is a nasty rumor that we will no longer be making UNIBUTTER. I am here to say, that we are here to stay. While it is true that one of our Pro Staff members have moved on to a great product HOT SAUCE, We are not going to fold over one person. We have pro staff members that have been with us for over 7 years now, and the story of one pro staffer leaving has been turned into a huge rumor. While i will not go into my true personal feels about this guy, I will say that UNIBUTTER will still be made, and we will still be giving money to Kids programs, we will still be slinging fish tacos for kids and we will still be in the game.

What i can not do , is pay for entry fees to tournys, and buy bulk swimbaits, and rods and reels and pay for DFG lics, and what not.

I want to thank, MC SWIMBAITS, BIG HAMMER, FISH TRAPS, PEARL BAITS, and all the tackle shops that have helped us , help kids. Again, we are not closing the doors, we are still making unibutter, and we will address this rumor as the time comes.

We will be at FRED HALL, and DAY AT THE DOCKS, and SQUID CO parking lot days, and anything DANA LANDING asks us to be at.

Its only fishing boys, dont turn it into something else.. Have a great day on the water

Tommy Gomes
OWNER/INVENTOR UNIBUTTER/UNIGOOP

https://www.facebook.com/lokey.rincon

42Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:44 am

wirelessbass

wirelessbass
FTFF Gathering Officer

back to the question, although i am late I use to use unibutter but have noticed i have gotten the same success without any scent at all. I would rather save the money and spend it on some swimbaits or a new reel.

43Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:01 am

franklyn562

franklyn562
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

i gotta buy me some sauce

https://www.facebook.com/franklynle

44Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:20 am

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lok Dog wrote:UNIBUTTER IS NOT GOONG ANYWHERE!!!

Here's a message from my buddy Tommy about this rumor,..

ATTENTION UNIBUTTER USERS: There is a nasty rumor that we will no longer be making UNIBUTTER. I am here to say, that we are here to stay. While it is true that one of our Pro Staff members have moved on to a great product HOT SAUCE, We are not going to fold over one person. We have pro staff members that have been with us for over 7 years now, and the story of one pro staffer leaving has been turned into a huge rumor. While i will not go into my true personal feels about this guy, I will say that UNIBUTTER will still be made, and we will still be giving money to Kids programs, we will still be slinging fish tacos for kids and we will still be in the game.

What i can not do , is pay for entry fees to tournys, and buy bulk swimbaits, and rods and reels and pay for DFG lics, and what not.

I want to thank, MC SWIMBAITS, BIG HAMMER, FISH TRAPS, PEARL BAITS, and all the tackle shops that have helped us , help kids. Again, we are not closing the doors, we are still making unibutter, and we will address this rumor as the time comes.

We will be at FRED HALL, and DAY AT THE DOCKS, and SQUID CO parking lot days, and anything DANA LANDING asks us to be at.

Its only fishing boys, dont turn it into something else.. Have a great day on the water

Tommy Gomes
OWNER/INVENTOR UNIBUTTER/UNIGOOP

thanks for the info... Thumbs Up

45Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:36 am

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Fisher wrote:pro cure is the best

X2

Procure has pheremones and real bait in it which hot sauce doesn't. It also sticks to plastics for along time where uni butter just falls off.
Saltwater guys:
try this experiment. Hot sauce on one drop shot and calico cocktail or inshore pro cure on another drop shot. Identical set up the same plastics on each rig. See which drop shot gets hit more often. Pro Cure hands down.

46Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:22 pm

leftcross

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

gulp scent works but i cant stand the smell. i personally like pro cure just for the fact i dont need to apply it every 5 cast. it last a good 10-15 cast for me.

i dont even use scent unless the bite is real tough... i believe its all about presentation and water disturbance.

47Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:07 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

leftcross wrote:.

i dont even use scent unless the bite is real tough... i believe its all about presentation and water disturbance.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

48Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:35 pm

thisfool

thisfool
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

wow im glad to see alot of you guys have alot to say bout this

the calico cocktail really worked well and having a trout fishing background i firmly believe in using scents. it may not draw them in like they want you to believe but they can and do cause a more aggressive strike and longer bite so ill probably never not use scent.

but since i dint make it out nearly half as much as i wanted to i dint use up much of my pro cure but once i do ill try something els out and see how i like that once again thanks for all the info guys very helpful

http://www.foolsbaitco.com

49Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:04 pm

Hot Sauce all day long and double up when the water is cold and bite is slow.

50Scent for the salt - Page 2 Empty Re: Scent for the salt Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:44 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree with miller, Hot Sauce works great and it stays on your bait.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum