FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by jeffcpr Today at 5:28 pm

» Float tube Storage
by jeffcpr Today at 5:26 pm

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by SP Dan Today at 2:32 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Today at 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Yesterday at 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:28 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in EASTER Greetings
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

face protection

+7
Tony G Fishing
JsFishSlayer
Aquaholic38
n2deepfsw
.:LOLLY:.
fatboy531
kaiserslaveray
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1face protection Empty face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:28 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Why do people wear bank robbery masks when they are on he tubes? Isn't sunscreen the same thing? I can understand if its cold and windy but what about on perfect 72 degree days? I see a ton of people getting ready to rob some trout or pelicans.

2face protection Empty Re: face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:54 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Along with it protecting you from the UV rays. There are some chilly morning and cold breezes that flow thru. It's used for warmth and also to prevent sunburn on the neck and ears.

3face protection Empty Re: face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:55 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Mainly a fashion statement tho!!! Walk the walk, talk the talk.... Lmfao!!

4face protection Empty Re: face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:07 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Until I catch a 10lbers or greater or get 2stringers full on my tube Id say I'm not worthy of the ninja mask. They should make them like karate belts and you can't move up in color till you post certain ninja fishing/slaying skills.

5face protection Empty Re: face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:28 pm

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I agree... I don't own one myself. I use a bandana when necessary

6face protection Empty Re: face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

The buffs give you the protection without having to fiddle with the lotion and re-applying. Plus some people feel that sunblock lotion on our hands gets on the lures and scares the fish away.

7face protection Empty Re: face protection Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:08 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Dang it Lolly!!! You just NEED to have an answer that makes sense!!

8face protection Empty Re: face protection Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:53 am

I use my Buff , for the obvious reasons Protection from UV Rays , Warmth and most importantly in this warm weather how many of us have applied lotion or spray to the face only to have it rub into the eyes from sunglasses , sleeves ETC , thus causing Burning and blindness while fishing ?

I don't know about others , but I like to see the pigs that I am Slaying and look damn cool while doing it .

9face protection Empty Re: face protection Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:40 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

enough said

10face protection Empty Re: face protection Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:54 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

11face protection Empty Re: face protection Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

.:LOLLY:. wrote:The buffs give you the protection without having to fiddle with the lotion and re-applying. Plus some people feel that sunblock lotion on our hands gets on the lures and scares the fish away.
yeah, I heard that one some time ago, that's why I use shad scented coppertone!  geek 

12face protection Empty Re: face protection Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:17 am

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:I use my Buff , for the obvious reasons Protection from UV Rays , Warmth and most importantly in this warm weather how many of us have applied lotion or spray to the face only to have it rub into the eyes from sunglasses , sleeves ETC , thus causing Burning and blindness while fishing ?

I don't know about others , but I like to see the pigs that I am Slaying and look damn cool while doing it .

Pretty much This ^.

I've been burning my face/ears/neck early in the year, every year since I was a kid, Skin Cancer is not something I look forward to, and I absolutely HATE applying sunscreen. Being as close to the water as we are in a float tube... it's smart to have something. So a buff was the logical choice, at least for me. They're actually quite comfortable too.

Last edited by JsFishSlayer on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar Nazi in me reared it's head.)

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

13face protection Empty Re: face protection Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:38 am

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Maybe I need to fish in the buff.
I mean it does really make sense now that all you fishing thugs are explaining it to me  Very Happy . I went in the tube once and boat once I felt like crap when I was done in the tube. I got too much sun and felt a little dehydrated. My balding spot was beat and my face burned. I knew I shoulda taken sunscreen but I hate the greasy feeling. So I went in the boat the second time and figured I'd just use sunscreen. Took it but didn't use it as I had a hat on and sweatshirt. Still got a tiny bit burned but not as bad. Took more water too. But yeah the tube Iv'e realized puts you ON THE WATER! I'm pretty sure I'll be fishing in the buff this Saturday. That and a long sleeve shirt. Now I just gotta figure if I'll do fishing as Robo Cop or the bad guy from GI JOE.

14face protection Empty Re: face protection Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:53 am

just make sure after a long day on the water and wearing the buff if you stop to get food at a local drive thru , you remember to take it off . I had a Taco slung at me at the local jack in the box and they know me there very well .. oops my bad !

15face protection Empty Re: face protection Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:28 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

yeah those buffs work great for, sun or cold....i own 3 myself, check out their website, they have lots of styles and colors....theyre a must!  salute 

Tony G

16face protection Empty Re: face protection Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:49 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

17face protection Empty Re: face protection Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:54 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

its a trend haha started with saltwater guys that would be out for hrs then turn to these swimbait guys now just everyone is wearin em

18face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:20 am

fatboy531

fatboy531
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

We are NINJAS!!!! We have to keep
Confidentiality!!!!!!!

19face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:10 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Fabric is fabric, and UV protection is minimal if it's not lined with proper UV treatment before hand. Make sure your face buff is truly UV protected. UV rays will penetrate normal fabric like hot knife through butter. Colors of fabric will reduce some of the UV from penetrating, but you're still toast by the end of the day. Wonder why you have the same feeling as if you're sun burnt, yet, there's no visible sunburn on your body? UV effects at their finest. Depending on how long you area out there, UV rated treatment on clothing should be closely noted. If you're washing the cloth with UV treated on a regular basis, I can surely bet you that after 10 washes, the UV impregnated material is half effective..then half of that..then half of that after repeated washes.

20face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:38 pm

problem solved

21face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:42 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

miller wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

problem solved

Thumbs Up Got a similar ones for my body surfing days, which I also used for fishing. Great stuff. Lasted for a year. Handwash only..so, be ready for some major fun at the sink, with Woolite.  Very Happy 

22face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm

TheAsianGuy wrote:

problem solved

Thumbs Up Got a similar ones for my body surfing days, which I also used for fishing. Great stuff. Lasted for a year. Handwash only..so, be ready for some major fun at the sink, with Woolite.  Very Happy 

handwash ? whats that you speak of  lol! Thats one thing that is nice about all these new front loader washing machines now, you dont need to handwash anything much anymore.

23face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:57 pm

JsFishSlayer

JsFishSlayer
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

problem solved

Or if you really want to go for it all...

Thumbs Up 

https://www.facebook.com/FishSlayerJoshS

24face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:22 pm

kaiserslaveray

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Holy cow! Now I need to spend $1100 on a washer to clean my $70 plus tax and shipping and handling ninja duds
 Shocked 

Maybe the sting of spf 80 to the eyes is less than the sticker shock of caring for my buff properly.

All joking aside. In the profession I do skin cancer is a real problem I've seen several people get it. Working on the side of a white 53' semi trailer wrapping it for 8 hours is brutal. It is nothing compared to what I experienced sun wise when I went on the tube. Seems like the age group I see on the lake is (me included) a balding but somewhat healthy bunch of guys who are just starting to see a slight decline in health not being in our 20s anymore. We are super susceptible to skin cancer I'm all in on wearing protective ninja suits now. Friday I'm picking one up.

25face protection Empty Re: face protection Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:44 pm

JsFishSlayer wrote:

problem solved

Or if you really want to go for it all...

Thumbs Up 

nice, haven't seen those yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum