FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fishing using Falconry

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fishing using Falconry Empty Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:12 am

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man i have always been drawn too falconry...never been able to.do.it.legally...but growing.up i was.always catching hawks amd keeping.them...n the occasional.owl.
That would be a trip.to see someone use falconry too.fish lol

2Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:44 am

Falcons are a very smart Bird , heres a cool little video for you !

3Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:26 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

That is a very cool video.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:13 am

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Awesome video! I remember when I was 12, I was living in Idaho. My dad and I took a trip to McCall to do some fishing, while driving down the side of the lake, I had my hand out of the window, letting the air make it flow up and down like waves. After a few minutes a just happened to look in the air and here is a red tail hawk just about to grab my hand, some how I was able to barely pull my hand away. My dad and I were like holy crap, I almost lost my hand. Lol it was a fun experience

5Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:41 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Man raptors r beautiful man.
Lol that is funny he went for.ur hand tho lol

6Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:50 pm

Mike-o that was a close call  lol    ..  February @ lake Perris I saw a Red tail hawk  and  what I believe was a Coopers hawk going at it  , possibly a Peregrine Falcon , but they are rare to see in California now .. Anyhow The Red tail hawk was trying to escape from this other bird and he attempted to fly lower as the red tail hawk did the other bird hit him directly from above , knocking him into the side of the bank and he instantly came back around and caught that red tail hawk by the head and killed him..

About 30 minutes later I came back by on the tube and that bird was eating that red tail hawk it killed! man that was a crazy sight seeing that bird knock that big red tail hawk out of commission  !

Last edited by Misfitdog on Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 pm

Misfit_Angler138

Misfit_Angler138
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Misfitdog wrote:Mike-o that was a close call  lol    ..  February @ lake Perris I saw a Red tail hawk  and  what I believe was a Coopers hawk going at it  , possibly a Peregrine Falcon , but they are rare to see in California now .. Anyhow The Red tail hawk was trying to escape from this other bird and he attempted to fly lower as the red tail hawk did the other bird hit him directly from above , knocking him into the side of the bank and he instantly came back around and caught that red tail hawk by the head and killed him..

About 30 minutes later I came back by on the tube and that bird was eating that red tail hawk it killed! man that was a crazy sight seeing that bird knock that big red tail hawk out of the commission  !
Bro that is crazy...i would give anything too have seen that..
Coopers hawks r the Aerial Killers lol but ive never heard of one taking a red tail.
Peregrines on the other hand r the fastest animal on earth...it was most likely a peregrine theyve been known too take almost any other bird or raptor...even huge canadian geese...n they way u described the atrack from above is exactly like a Falcon.
But no matter what it was it must have been amazing too see.
There was recently about 20 Peregrines released in California.
And we do have some Golden Eagles...now those r a sight

8Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:42 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Misfitdog wrote:Mike-o that was a close call  lol    ..  February @ lake Perris I saw a Red tail hawk  and  what I believe was a Coopers hawk going at it  , possibly a Peregrine Falcon , but they are rare to see in California now .. Anyhow The Red tail hawk was trying to escape from this other bird and he attempted to fly lower as the red tail hawk did the other bird hit him directly from above , knocking him into the side of the bank and he instantly came back around and caught that red tail hawk by the head and killed him..

About 30 minutes later I came back by on the tube and that bird was eating that red tail hawk it killed! man that was a crazy sight seeing that bird knock that big red tail hawk out of commission  !

Holy cow! that is crazy. That is something for animal planet! Definitely would have loved to see that happen. Feel kind of bad for the red tail though lol.

9Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:03 pm

dayhut

dayhut
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I watched a hawk dive into a tree and snatch a squirrel right out of the middle.
I was on my bike out in the country and the bird flew right over my head, not 15 feet away.
The look on the squirrels face said it all.  Shocked

I used to raise chickens and hawks were a constant threat. I spent a lot of effort and money to protect my poultry from attack. Needless to say, I lost the romantic ideals associated with birds of prey. They are rapacious opportunists and do only what animals do - survive.

They have their place in the balance of things, but that is the end of it for me. It would be cool to have one trained to fish, though.

https://palmettoflynfish.blogspot.com

10Fishing using Falconry Empty Re: Fishing using Falconry Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:48 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

dayhut,
My wife and I saw an Owl carrying a squirrel it snatched of the beach. Squirrels have a great scared face!! I know what your saying.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum