FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:48 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment
by cjwebber Yesterday at 7:58 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:28 am

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Yesterday at 7:20 am

» 10 minutes before dark
by SP Dan Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm

» After lunch time break from studying (40 min session)
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:41 pm

» A “new species” from somebody’s fish tank I presume!
by SP Dan Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:20 pm

» The answer
by SP Dan Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:07 pm

» Took a one mile trek
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:11 pm

» The Cap is producing quality bass!
by SP Dan Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:28 pm

» Walked off my breakfast and I landed a few plus some bonus gear found
by SP Dan Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm

» Landing nets I am looking at
by SP Dan Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:24 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Murray report 3/28
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by jmytuna in Landing nets I am looking at
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Huntington Harbor question...

+5
.:LOLLY:.
jeffcpr
wiseguy
bayfishingjunkie
jmericle
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Huntington Harbor question... Empty Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:19 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So I was looking on google maps and see that the portion of Huntington Harbor hs very easy access in a few spots along PCH.  I really want to fish it tomorrow or wed morning at like 5:45am to 7:00am.  Has anyone fished there?

I see a spot at admiralty drive & PCH, which is before the spot where you have the kayak rentals if you're going south on PCH toward Huntinton Beach.  Both spots have each access, but I want to try the first access point and kick toward the heart of the harbor. Not sure if it is worth the time to kick towards the heart of the harbor with only an hour and 15 minutes to tube?  

Any advise would be awesome.  Thanks guys you're all the best.

2Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:22 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

you will be launching close to low tide. I have launched a lot of times by the kayak spot but I prefer that area at high tide. but there are a lot of decent spots to fish near there and access is easy.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

3Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:03 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

bayfishingjunkie wrote:you  will be launching close to low tide. I have launched a lot of times by the kayak spot but I prefer that area at high tide. but there are a lot of decent spots to fish near there and access is easy.

I think the tide should be ok. The low ias at 2.23am at 0.15' and the high is at 8:34am as for tomorrow. I plan on launching by 5:45am so as long as it is a few feet of water, it should be ok, we will see. Is the kayak launching spot better than the one I mentioned?

4Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:21 pm

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

1.15 hrs of fishing? Stay home and get some sleep bro!

5Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:33 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Let us know what you think of the launch spot I am interested in trying that spot also.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

6Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:34 pm

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

wiseguy wrote:1.15 hrs of fishing? Stay home and get some sleep bro!

HA HA HA. This is my time as weekends are all with the family. I will be happy with any time on the water I can get. You would understand if you had a warden at home, I mean my wife. ha ha ha.

7Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:47 pm

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

With that time limit I would stay away from that harbor. If you do decide to go, don't stray too far from your launch spot. The current there can be a PIA. I don't think I have ever been there when there was little to no current.

8Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:59 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

HH is notorious for having some strong current. I'd opt for a different harbor if I was in your position dude as you might spend a good amount of time fighting the current back to your launch spot.

9Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:25 pm

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Yup, i was in a tandem kayak with the wifey and it was pushing around...pretty strong current...so yeah x2, dont go to far from the launch spot...id say launch at OEX Sunset beach and go left to the docks and houses, just my 2 cents  Thumbs Up Thumbs Up 

10Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

get swept through the bridge and fish disneyland. i love the ammo dock its so wide open on big ol bass. been awhile..

11Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:42 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I overslept this morning and by the time I left my house it was 5:25 am. I even put the tube in the trunk and on the way to the freeway, I changed my mind on going to Huntington harbor as it takes more than 20 min from my house. I fished my usual spot in the LBC. I caught 1 micro halibut on a greenback chovie color. I did not take a picture as the fish looked like a sand dab. ha ha ha. Maybe tomorrow for Huntington, we will see.

12Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:43 am

jmericle

jmericle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Pdawg wrote:get swept  through the bridge and fish disneyland. i love the ammo dock its so wide open on big ol bass. been awhile..

ammo dock?

13Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:31 pm

Pdawg

Pdawg
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Yeah the dock is past the bridge. They load the ammo barges to take ordinance to the war ships. I fished it in a zodiac several times. Its a total bust do not paddle over there. Due to our nations security levels its a no no. Back in the late 80s and 90s we would just get chased out by the cops or navy. There are guard towers with snipers ready. They used to be empty towers. US navy's honey whole now. Oh and they fish it. Which is really cool. They deserve it. Any of you active navy? Go to alamitos weapon station and catch a monster bay bass!

Civilians are not allowed at all. They will arrest or shoot you. Wish i was younger, I would enlist to work there.

14Huntington Harbor question... Empty Re: Huntington Harbor question... Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

jmericle wrote:I overslept this morning and by the time I left my house it was 5:25 am.  I even put the tube in the trunk and on the way to the freeway, I changed my mind on going to Huntington harbor as it takes more than 20 min from my house.  I fished my usual spot in the LBC.  I caught 1 micro halibut on a greenback chovie color.  I did not take a picture as the fish looked like a sand dab.  ha ha ha.  Maybe tomorrow for Huntington, we will see.

WTG, man you are on it!

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum