FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Today at 9:16 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by david886720 Today at 9:13 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by jeffcpr Today at 7:10 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by david886720 Today at 6:51 pm

» Some good growth.
by jeffcpr Today at 2:20 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Fri May 10, 2024 2:28 pm

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS

+6
bigfish
Tony G Fishing
Pavo21
david886720
kin
dosomedirt
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:08 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

So I was wondering how some other members felt about fishing at night alone. I have done it a few times myself but get creeped out when something brushes up against my leg or bump into debris in the water. So what are your thoughts?

Last edited by dosomedirt on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

2SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm

kin

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

After seeing how big the dogs are up close and personal, I think you guys got some serious trill issues. That being said, wish I could do it hah!
I would bring a large pole or something with a glowstick and a powerful handheld flash light though oon top of a headlamp just as a safety precaution. I floated a lake a night before up north. Eerie is an understatement but I definitely see why people do it.

3SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:09 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Alone is always creepier but sometimes there's no one to go with and you still want to fish

4SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:11 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I'm heading out now that's why I posted this. LOL

5SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:47 am

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

how creepy was it?

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

6SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Ive done lots of solo night sessions but like David said, sometimes u wanna still get out there....oh for sure it can get creepy, ive had big A seals come up 5 feet in front of me....effn scary lol...but theyve also prduced some biggies for me so i dont mind it..... hope you mashed!

7SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:55 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I think it would depend on the water. Some bodies of water I fish are filled with structure which makes great Bass fishing but can be tricky to navigate in the dark.

I don't have any issues with the critters in the water. I'm already in the water...even in daylight.

Too bad we're so far apart Dosomedirt...I would go with you. Heck, I ain't skeered. affraid

8SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:27 pm

knuckledragger

knuckledragger
FTFF Gathering Officer

I've tubes at night but thankfully never had any issues. My buddy had a big cottonmouth drop off a tree branch and onto his tube once. As fun as that was to watch, I don't want it to happen to me. I'd be easy pickings for anything tho...when I fish in the dark, I tune everything out and concentrate solely on feeling for something to bump my line. I'd never know there was a gator next to me unless it took me under.

Quick question...you guys seem to have no fear of sharks, but I see yall mention seals quite a bit. Are those things a real threat to someone in a tube?

9SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:47 pm

dosomedirt

dosomedirt
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Usually the bays and harbors are pretty active with swimmers and other water sports during the day so I figure it must be semi shark safe. At night it's a different story with the seals they tend to get territorial and angry for some odd reason. I've had a couple incidents where I was fishing close to the docks and kicked right up on a full grown doggie and he started barking like crazy. If you use squid for bait or your trying to unhook a fish you've got on your lap those crazy seals will harass you and even try to snatch it off your lap. I've heard stories about seals nipping at people's fins.

10SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:56 pm

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I would only try it at one of two places, the LAB or NPH. NPH would be my first choice since the harbor is so stinkin' protected it's child's play when compared to San Pedro, MDR, and especially Huntington and it's damn current. Evil or Very Mad

11SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:02 am

Ifishtoolittle

Ifishtoolittle
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

knuckledragger wrote:I've tubes at night but thankfully never had any issues.  My buddy had a big cottonmouth drop off a tree branch and onto his tube once. As fun as that was to watch, I don't want it to happen to me.  I'd be easy pickings for anything tho...when I fish in the dark, I tune everything out and concentrate solely on feeling for something to bump my line.  I'd never know there was a gator next to me unless it took me under.

Quick question...you guys seem to have no fear of sharks, but I see yall mention seals quite a bit.  Are those things a real threat to someone in a tube?

I've never heard/read/seen any actual reports or incidents with harmful sharks in bays. If one does encounter sharks it's usually leopard sharks or dogfish?, do we have those? Anyways, both of those sharks usually won't harass you unless you're intentionally targeting them.

I did have an incident once where a fin stuck up about 10' away from my feet when I was in the water. Damn thing almost made me crap my pants! It jumped after I spotted it. Turns out that it was a Dolphin, in the HARBOR! And, it had 2 buddies with it!

Seals on the other hand are where the danger is at. They're very much like dogs and like dogs they have their territory. I've had the pleasure of tubing next to a pair of 300-400 males that were munching fish right next to me. Damn things are annoying.

The biggest threat for us in the harbors would have to be boats IMO. Sometimes you're not moving fast enough or the boat may not see you. It can be a bit hairy. lol ever try tubing next to a 100' moving yacht? It's a trip. Thumbs Up

12SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:58 am

Chomps

Chomps
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Solo night trips are the best! More fish for you... sometimes lol. I usually have on my head phones and keep my head on a swivel to look out for drunk boaters on the weekends.

13SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Solo Cholo Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:33 am

zdiaz925

FTFF Gathering Officer

I highly recommend it.Nothing like a little one on one just you and the fish.I just got back from a night solo night session. I Killed it ! 9 largemouth total ,two of those 5 lbs.I go all the time by myself . Usually once a week all nighter. I go freshwater in local lakes. Yea sometimes its spooky and I see all sorts of odd stuff I can never really confirm what it is. Sometimes swimming swamp rats,snakes,unidentified swimming creatures,weird noises,and the occasional bumping into under water debris. At least I hope its debris,lol. I carry a big knife and a headlamp if need be I'll go crocodile hunter on dat ass!!!! I cant sleep I think Im gonna go back out. my new trucks being delivered at noon today and I cant relax.  New off the lot  Dark Gray 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTZ with all the bells and whistles I got every extra available including the z71 offroad package. CANT WAIT CANT WAIT CANT WAIT!!!!! Im going fishing hopefully itll be here when I get home. Heres some from last night.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

14SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Empty Re: SOLO NIGHT SESSIONS Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:18 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Congrats on the new ride!!! Nice and wtg on that solo chill

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum