FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» I'm New Here
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:23 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:22 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 9:54 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

» Float tube Storage
by easeup Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:53 pm

» Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:05 pm

» Spanish landing 4/27
by Jerdon Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:02 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:48 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:26 pm

» This Might Be The Best Budget Hybrid! First voyage update.
by Dannicus Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:54 am

» OK I wrote a book
by jeffcpr Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:48 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in Here BIG kitty kitty
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Fish Camera Mounts

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Big Fish Camera Mounts Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:50 pm

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

OK, so here is my current camera mount mods. I haven't finished constructing all the parts yet but I think these pics get the idea across for what I'm doing.

I wanted a mounting system that was versatile. One that allowed me to reconfigure it for different mounting angles. It needed to be light weight but also sturdy enough to be camera steady. I wanted it to break down and be transportable as well. It needed to be waterproof and able to easily attach to my existing rod rack system.

The material I use for construction is PVC. I don't like my finished product to look like plumbing hanging off of my tube. As you can tell from the pic I reshape the PVC for a more polished look.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mounts can be disassembled.

Even tho' I am not finished constructing all of my parts you can see that because I can break down all the parts I can reconfigure them in many different ways.

So the long awaited reveal...where do I mount those cams? Meet my camera crew when I go Float Tubing:

The Action Cam:

The Selfie Cam:

The Shoulder Cam:

The Catch and Release Cam:
(This configuration is currently in a redesign stage. It works as it is but I since discovered some nice improvements.)

The Point of View Cam:

The 3rd Person (Cooler Cam):

The Rod Rack system I have is still my prototype. The finished one is being constructed. It will exist on both side of the tube. It will have six vertical and four angled rod holders.

My camera mounts easily attach to any of the rod holders giving me ten places to attach the camera mounts.

I only have three waterproof action cams. All three are controlled with remotes. I can of course change the position and angle of any of them at anytime.

I can also use my Galaxy S5 to take pics or video. But my primary use of it is in in wifi remote operation. This allows me to frame my cameras if I need to. Using my Smartphone in this manner was tricky as it proved to drain it down pretty hard. Thus the Jarv Tank. I can recharge my S5 four times, quickly, right there on my float tube.

The Olympus goes in my external pocket on my fishing vest to take quick pics.

The Canon is not waterproof. It is for shooting trip, location, and shoreline/launch footage.

I bet many of you are wondering if the Cooler Cam works. It was an idea and I wasn't sure about it myself. But it surprisingly works great! In fact if you look at the pics in my tournament report you'll see just how well it works. I can tow it, tether it and position anchor it with it working amazingly well. Not to mention the cold refreshments it provides!

Well that's where I'm at with mounting my cams.

Big Fish

2Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Re: Big Fish Camera Mounts Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:00 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Wow!
Great pics BigFish, it is actually a pretty heavy read even with all the pics.
Way cool set up and I'll be processing that for a bit.
How far can you walk with all that?

3Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Re: Big Fish Camera Mounts Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:52 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I can do a mile before it gets too cumbersome. But I am an old Mountaineer. I'll be posting some video of me doing that (just carrying, not a mile!). I'm experimenting with some time lapse video today.

Mostly I will be fishing. Tight lines my friend.

Big Fish

4Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Re: Big Fish Camera Mounts Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:09 am

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dedicated to your art. I think this is the most extensive and elaborate set up ever posted on this forum. I wish you were closer so we could have you shoot gatherings and events for us!!
Pretty cool stuff you have going on there bigfish!!!

5Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Re: Big Fish Camera Mounts Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:55 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

How funny that you would mention me shooting an event. As I was fishing this morning I was thinking how cool it would be if I could shoot a FTFF event. I love merging the photo and video with fishing. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll get a chance to shoot a FTFF event.

6Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Re: Big Fish Camera Mounts Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:33 pm

Pavo21

Pavo21
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

cameras everywhere!!! thats some nice set up planning. does the left side set up ever get in your way? having your phone and camera there?

http://www.inthedeephusea.com

7Big Fish Camera Mounts Empty Re: Big Fish Camera Mounts Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:09 am

bigfish

bigfish
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

No, not at all. I lob cast over my left side when I'm fishing the weeds and my set up there never gets in the way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum