FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Today at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Today at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Today at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Today at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Yesterday at 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bluegill Get-together?

+3
jeffcpr
Dano67
flyfishingfool
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:57 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

are there size limit's on bluegill. or can u take what u catch

27Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:02 pm

BASSGEEK

BASSGEEK
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

so does anyone have any idea when this mite happen cuz i really want to try for bluegill. i have been hearing some good stuff about them. what kinda gear should be used a little trout rod setup?

28Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:06 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Most lakes it's pretty much a free for all on pan fish but usually don't keep anything too small to eat. I've heard of number limits but not so much on size limits, have to check Perris before we go.

Biggest pan fish I have ever seen are at Mission Viejo Lake when the water is clear, wow there are some big sun fish in there. And I've pulled a few descent crappie out of there.

As far as tackle and set ups I just use my trout gear. 6'6 - 7' rods, 2-4 line and mini-jigs. Some people like to troll for them, some use small live bait like crickets and meal worms but out here I think tube jigs is the most popular.

29Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:07 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

City parks I like to stay with the live mill worms, but places like Perris I think I would prefer going with the mini jigs and plastics or even feather jigs, hand tied of course What a Face

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

30Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:54 am

flyfishingfool

flyfishingfool
Admin

Many great ideas guys.

Like one of you mentioned, i wanna go after these gills on trout gear. I've never tried it and i've seen pics of some of those perris gills and there no joke.

Well, it seems like everyone one is cool with the overnighter idea. And the fish fry is also a great idea. I'm sure a few of us will put out some nice size gills to fillet.

If we do the overnighter we're gonna have to reserve a site, so we're gonna have to pick a date.

I also check out some info on the sra site: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It seems that we could only have 8 people and three vehicles on one site, and the sites are $30/site. I'm not sure what the sites look like. Anyone camp there before?

There are also group sites and here's the info:

Group Camp

Lake Perris State Recreation Area has six Group Camp Units that will accommodate a maximum of 100 people each and a maximum of 20 vehicles. These group campgrounds have tables, grill, and chemical toilets.

Fees (breakdown)
$225.00 per night fee includes 10 parking passes on Friday and Saturday and 15 passes on Sunday through Thursday. Additional parking passes are $5 per vehicle and are valid for the entire reservation stay.

$50.00 refundable damage/cleaning fee (based on the checkout walkthrough)

There are no Hook ups or Electricity provided in the entire Group Camp. This also includes Restroom receptacles.

I've been to one of the groups sites and it was nice. It had picnic benches, sinks, stationary tables, restrooms, and a cool campfire pit. Here's a couple of pics:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://www.facebook.com/TeamTrucha

31Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:43 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya the group sit is a great location, you can walk down to the island side on Perris were they have caught alot of big gills before.
Campiing on the other side it if I remember out in the open meaning no trees or cover for the site. I think it depends on the numbers going, and who all will stay. Also I think if there is a plan to say over night we should pay up front to you so that the site or sites are covered.
All in all this is going to be cool, hope it pans out for us. Thumbs Up

32Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:09 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

[mention]

jeffcpr[/mention] wrote:
Ya the group sit is a great location, you can walk down to the island side on Perris were they have caught alot of big gills before.
Campiing on the other side it if I remember out in the open meaning no trees or cover for the site. I think it depends on the numbers going, and who all will stay. Also I think if there is a plan to say over night we should pay up front to you so that the site or sites are covered.
All in all this is going to be cool, hope it pans out for us. Thumbs Up

Pans out lol Razz

33Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:12 pm

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Group site does seem like the way to go, at that price if we get atleast 6 or more people going the $225 price will be about $40 a person to stay the night. I'm in as long as it's a weekend like Fri-Sun.

Just so the person putting this togeather doesn't get screwed I'm suggesting after we pick a date we take a head count of who is seriously in and take non-refundable deposits from everyone for the campsite that says they are going. I've seen alot of trips come togeather with 12 or more people saying they are in and dwindle down to 2-3 people when the date arrives and those few that go get stuck paying the new higher price. Only way you can back out and get a refund is if you can find someone to fill your spot and they pick up the tab for your campsite space.

I know it sounds a bit stiff but it helps encourage people to put togeather trips knowing it's not going to cost them personally or fall apart and it helps keep the riff raff out of joining and backing out of big get togeathers like this on a whim.

34Bluegill Get-together?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Bluegill Get-together? Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:23 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Ya I have watched this over and over again, this is a good way to go plus if I was in then had to back out I would feel bad that the price went up for everyone less. Charge up front takes the pressure off the one that is putting it together for us in the first place. This is all about getting together and having a good time fishing with each other. So Rudy take it from here bro.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum