FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:26 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Jerdon Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 10:31 pm

» Things are looking better!
by SP Dan Sat May 04, 2024 6:20 pm

» New landing net I just landed
by jeffcpr Sat May 04, 2024 8:22 am

» Current Patreon Members
by jeffcpr Thu May 02, 2024 11:33 am

» CAPERLAN FLTB-5 (Used it Once Only) with Back Seat Compartment (fixed images) :)
by ronniek524 Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am

» Big'un at Hodges 4/28
by Troutbum Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:31 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun!

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Empty Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:39 pm

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

I haven't caught a bonito all summer long but I finally got one at Los Alamitos last weekend.

I remember catching bonito off of Newport 50 years ago with my dad. They were big and amazingly hard fighters. Even with serious tackle we would struggle to bring them in. Great fun and fond memories.

This bonito is a baby compared to those of yesteryear, but as you can see, on my light tackle, he puts up a good fight and it was a lot of fun!

A few decent spotties, a baby halibut, a couple of dink sandies and the bonito made for a very enjoyable morning on the water.

I especially like the first couple of hours. It's so quiet and peaceful. Just the natural sounds of the bay around me as I drift along with the tide. It's good.

I normally think of relaxing as pretty much the opposite of going out and being active, but this float tube fishing deal is a relaxing activity, how cool is that!

An easy drive to the bay and I parked on the street for free. As I was setting up, a fellow tuber showed up, b420ful, and we fished together and had a great time. I fished all morning on a couple of baits, got some exercise, and basically had a full morning of fishing fun for the cost of a cup of coffee. Five hours on the water and the better part of the day still ahead.

I came home, cleaned up, and made cheeseburgers on the grill. These are the good times!

2Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Empty Re: Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 am

branders

branders
Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I'm siting in my office watching your video and it makes me want to go grab my tube and play hookie!!

3Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Empty Re: Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:43 pm

mthaubs

mthaubs
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Yep. Same thing. I will be heading out to Bishop on Oct. 6th thru the 9th for some tubing. I hope also trolling for some big ones in Bridgeport.

4Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Empty Re: Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:39 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Those bonito have a second and third gear when they realize what they are being pulled to.

Another great video and thanks for sharing.

5Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Empty Re: Saltwater Float Tube Fishing Fun! Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:51 am

Ornery Bob

Ornery Bob

Thanks guys! The whole reason I make the videos is to extend the fun. I get to catch the same fish over and over lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum