FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:31 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Solo Session this morning, Thurs 12-27-2018.
This was my 71th Float Tube session for the 2018 Season.

I always like to take a few minutes before each session to calm my thoughts and to remember to give thanks, for being so BLESSED for having such good health and for this opportunity of being here today ... enjoying the water, all of it's abundance and to take-in the breath taking sunrise of each morning's session .... amen!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Session Duration: 07:00 hrs until 10:00 hrs
Tough fishing conditions to say the least.

Tackle Used: 1/4oz Sardine Green/Silver, White Shad, Glow Green and the 3/8oz Mint colored HUB's.

SP Dan's fish count this morning: 13-fish today, 5-species, the "Bass Trifecta" and 1-legal to report today.

(1) Sculpin 12 3/4"

(4) Greenback Mackerel, best 12"

(2) Sandy's, a best 16" Legal

(2) short Spotty's, best 11 3/4"

(4) short Calico, best 11"

Note: All legals shown, but just one pic of each species landed if short and all fish were quickly CPR'd.

PLEASE .... always be completely respectful to the boat owners and their property ... their boats.
PLEASE ... always leave it cleaner than you found it!
So please grab a hand-full and Pitch-In!!

Thank you for taking the time to check out today's fish report!
Tight lines!   Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

2Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Busted out the White Shad! Is that for murky water?

Dang Skulpin fish still freak me out

https://www.youtube.com/c/FisherNewb

3Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Thu Dec 27, 2018 8:45 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:Busted out the White Shad! Is that for murky water?

Dang Skulpin fish still freak me out

No not really.

This is very simple.

It's the first color of HUB that I've ever used.
Ralph was totally out-fishing me and he handed me a used one and I threw it into my box, carried it around for three weeks.
So one day .... I couldn't get a bite even if I paid for it ... so out of complete desperation and a last ditch effort to beat the pole-cat ... I tied it on and on the first cast ... BAM, a Halibut.
Second cast ...BAM, a Halibut.
Third cast ... BAM, a Halibut. I'm hooked on White Shad HUB's now and for ever.
I handed a Green Sardine to O Bob as his first HUB ... and BAM, he was hooked on them as well.

Each person has their own confidence color(s). I have a couple of go to colors and White Shad just happens to be one of them.

SP Dan     <"))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:19 am

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Okay, you and Jeff like them. I need to give them a more time on the pole. Was asking since I don't often see you mentioning them in your reports.

5Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 7:49 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Another nice morning on the water. Those Sculpin always get my undivided attention although I have not caught one from the tube.

Thanks for sharing

6Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 1:11 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:Okay, you and Jeff like them. I need to give them a more time on the pole. Was asking since I don't often see you mentioning them in your reports.

That's right, I don't talk about everything Alakai.
I play poker as well and I don't ever care to show my hand to any one. I am very competitive and so hence ... I like to do better than my competitors. Twisted Evil  It's my dark-side!
Or it's just my OCFD kicking in. lol Very Happy  lol

I will share some things but I believe that people need to learn the hard way by putting in the time if they are ever going to become good at anything (fishing for instance).

It seems as though everyone wants it instantly these days or to have it given to them "right-now" in a video, effort free.
Where's the self gratification in that! lol

Yes ... I'm guilty ... I do hold back some information.

SP Dan     <"))><

7Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 2:33 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Guess I should feel honored that I'm considered competition.

8Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:25 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Alakai wrote:Guess I should feel honored that I'm considered competition.

That's why we hold friendly fishing tournaments and contests ... for the competition of putting everyone's skills on the table.
Only in that regard ... would you be regarded as competition.

I hope to see your name on the up coming FTFF tournaments.

Tight lines! Thumbs Up

SP Dan <"))><

9Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

As an FYI, as previously discussed, I will not participate in tournaments for the exact reasons as described in this thread.

You can always win in every fishing tournament I ever participate in or even think of ever entering.

10Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:42 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Well then ... after that statement, I guess that I really don't consider you to be competition after all. lol

If I didn't sign up for the tournament in 2019 ... would you please consider signing up for it?
Think about it.
We need competitors we can get and I've already fished in the first 3 events.

SP Dan <"))><

11Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 3:50 pm

Alakai

Alakai
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I am not interested in competing, ever. I'm not a competitive person nor do I at all enjoy what it could bring with it.

I may go along to a meetup while others are engaged in competition, I may donate to a worth cause to be a part of an outing while others compete. In any instance, I could not possibly care less about winning any such event.

In my mindset, I have been fishing for about three months now. If I can beat someone like you then it is the same as throwing dice in an alley. That's not competition, that's luck in every sense of the word.

I will be the first to congratulate you for every event I attend where the size or weight of a fish matters. You can have the win every time. I'm here to learn, share and be a part of a community.

12Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Empty Re: Solo Session At LAH Thurs 12-27-18 Fri Dec 28, 2018 5:35 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Jerdon wrote:Another nice morning on the water. Those Sculpin always get my undivided attention although I have not caught one from the tube.

Thanks for sharing

Hi ya Jerdon,

Yup ... those bad-boyz have totally earned my respect the rough way!
What's really spooky is when they spit the hook and are flopping around freely on my lap tray .... Shocked YIKES!!
It's like having a rattle snake on the lap tray ready to strike!

I grip their mouths with my Boga-Grips in order to get them under control before bringing them aboard.

We'll have to get you back out in the SW and try to get you one of these bad boyz! lol Check one off the ol' bucket list.

SP Dan <"))><

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum