FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

late January report LA harbor

+3
NulodPBall
jeffcpr
david886720
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1late January report LA harbor Empty late January report LA harbor Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:41 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Finally got out in the tube after it seemed like it rained for the whole month of January.  I was able to get a few hours in on the last Saturday of the month while the weather cooperated and in between sports practices and games for my son.  Set ups were a baitcaster with 30 lb braid to 15 lb fluoro leader to weedless eyestrike jighead with a 5" Z man Diezel Minnowz and a spinning rod with a 12 lb leader with a smaller eyestrike jighead and 3" Z man Minnowz.  Got a couple smaller fish and then as I was kicking in to call it a day this 27.5" halibut hit the swimbait as I was almost done retrieving it to the tube.  Kicked in to the launch as I don't like dealing with a bigger fish on my lap and it's easier to land there.  I still have yet to make a good tray like SP Dan and jmytuna have done for that.  Stoked on my first legal for the year.  Released to hopefully spawn and multiply for years to come.  

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

NulodPBall, SP Dan, jmytuna and beedee like this post

2late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:54 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Good on you letting that butt go buddy. A health beast out there to grow more beast for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing and great work.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

SP Dan and jmytuna like this post

https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

3late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:54 pm

NulodPBall

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

I had a similar end-of-day experience, I was kicking through a weed line, heading for my start beach in Newport Harbor, in 3 feet of water (I was kicking up sand) when something WHOOMPED my fly, and when I saw color I almost had a heart attack and kicked the last few feet to the beach.

It turned out to be my PB at the time.

My friend who took me to that beach launch, was happy but sad...the last time he took someone to that launch, they also landed their PB, but he has as yet to get a legal halibut there.

Congratulations on your Hail Mary PB  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SP Dan, jmytuna and beedee like this post

4late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:42 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Excellent job on landing your legal 27.5 inch halibut!!!
Thank you for the fish report with pictures!
Keep up the good work!! 👍🏼

SP Dan <“))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

jmytuna likes this post

5late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:16 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you all for the kind words! Fishing has so many nice moments that it keeps us coming back. Tight lines to all.

6late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:29 am

beedee

beedee
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Spottied Bay Bass

Wow, what a great way to finish! The way he hit it reminded me of my Hali from Saturday. I was almost hastily retrieving my lure as I was drifting past a slip and it must have been closer to top water than the bottom and BAM!

Great video of your catch, I really want to fish that area soon!

SP Dan likes this post

7late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:07 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

beedee wrote:Wow, what a great way to finish! The way he hit it reminded me of my Hali from Saturday. I was almost hastily retrieving my lure as I was drifting past a slip and it must have been closer to top water than the bottom and BAM!

Great video of your catch, I really want to fish that area soon!

Thanks beedee. You should definitely fish it. It can be very rewarding.

SP Dan and beedee like this post

8late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:14 am

jmytuna

jmytuna
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught
Spottied Bay Bass
White Sea Bass
Legal White Sea Bass
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch
Carp
Large Carp Caught
Blugill
Large Bluegill Catch
Crappie
Large Crappie Catch
Sculpin
Large Sculpin Catch
Smallmouth Bass
Trophy Small Mouth
Calico Bass
Calico Bass Catch

Great job
All those hours on the water last few years definitely paying off.
You tube videos and message boards can only take you so far.
Time on the water, learning something with every fish, skunk, pattern recognition , personal logs, YODA teachings (SP Dan) etc will take you to another level.
Let’s go buddy!

SP Dan likes this post

9late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:11 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

Doc …. you humble me Sir! 🙏🏼
SP Dan    <“))><

Great job David! 👍🏼

jmytuna likes this post

10late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:20 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thank you Joe.  I'm just trying to keep up with you!  Let's keep on it!  And SP Dan has caught so many legal halibut.  He encouraged me to check out this area and was there my first trip.  Big thank you Dan!

11late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:53 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

I hold fond memories of you as well; my friend, of our fantastic fishing days, Sir!!

SP Dan <“))><

12late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:52 pm

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:I hold fond memories of you as well; my friend, of our fantastic fishing days, Sir!!

SP Dan <“))><

Same here Dan. Always fun fishing with friends. I hope you'll be back on the water soon!

SP Dan likes this post

13late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:52 am

SP Dan

SP Dan

david886720 wrote:
SP Dan wrote:I hold fond memories of you as well; my friend, of our fantastic fishing days, Sir!!

SP Dan <“))><

Same here Dan.   Always fun fishing with friends.  I hope you'll be back on the water soon!

Thank you … I’m trying to get back in the suds David.

I am having my 2nd cervical reconstruction surgery this Tuesday, Valentine’s Day. I’m attempting to get the feeling back into my right hand, being right handed. 🤣

In June of 2021, I had a five (5) level laminectomy with the complete fusion from C3 to C7 (through the back-side of my neck) which knocked me off the water.

This time they’re going (through the front-side of my throat) to perform a C6 -7, C7-T1 Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion with Partial Corpectomy, with graft and plate.

Hopefully this 2nd surgery will un-pinch my nerves, my damaged nerves will regenerate, and this will allow me to get back-on the water with all of my fishing friends!!

If not, I will have to sale all of my gear and just be content with cheering-on of all of my friends, being helpful … when I can be! 👍

It’s in 🙏🏼 His hands!

Possible warm-up pre $ale: three (3) Cumberland Float Tubes with (3) left and right side spare air bladders, SIMM’s G-4 boot-foot and sock-foot waders, SIMM’s G-3 jacket, two pair of Force fins (Lg & XL), custom wood lap-tray by Dan, etc.

SP Dan <“))><

Last edited by SP Dan on Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

NulodPBall likes this post

14late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:14 am

david886720

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SP Dan wrote:
david886720 wrote:

SP Dan <“))><

Same here Dan.   Always fun fishing with friends.  I hope you'll be back on the water soon!

I am having my 2nd cervical reconstruction surgery this Tuesday, Valentine’s Day. I’m attempting to get the feeling back into my right hand, being right handed. 🤣

In June of 2021, I had a five (5) level laminectomy with the complete fusion from C3 to C7 (through the back-side of my neck) which knocked me off the water.

This time they’re going (through the front-side of my throat) to perform a C6 -7, C7-T1 Anterior Cervical Discectomy and Fusion with Partial Corpectomy, with graft and plate.

Hopefully this 2nd surgery will un-pinch my nerves, my damaged nerves will regenerate, and this will allow me to get back-on the water with all of my fishing friends!!

If not, I will have to sale all of my gear and just be content with cheering-on of all of my friends, being helpful … when I can be! 👍

It’s in 🙏🏼 His hands!

Possible warm-up pre $ale: three (3) Cumberland Float Tubes with (3) left and right side spare air bladders, SIMM’s G-4 boot-foot and sock-goof waders, SIMM’s G-3 jacket, two pair of Force fins (Lg & XL), custom wood lap-tray by Dan, etc.

SP Dan <“))><

Thanks for the update Dan.  Praying for a successful and complete recovery for this Tuesday!

SP Dan likes this post

15late January report LA harbor Empty Re: late January report LA harbor Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:33 pm

BigMaxFloats

BigMaxFloats
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Monster Halibut
Legal Halibut Caught

SP Dan wrote:
david886720 wrote:

SP Dan <“))><

It’s in 🙏🏼 His hands!

Possible warm-up pre $ale: three (3) Cumberland Float Tubes with (3) left and right side spare air bladders, SIMM’s G-4 boot-foot and sock-foot waders, SIMM’s G-3 jacket, two pair of Force fins (Lg & XL), custom wood lap-tray by Dan, etc.

SP Dan <“))><

Hope everything goes good for you and you’re back on the water as the weather warms. Still would love to come down and fish with you so don’t sell all your stuff just yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum