FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris 5-11-2012

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Perris 5-11-2012 Sun May 13, 2012 4:07 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Planned to hit Lake Gregory, but when I got there with the family, the beach was closed, while the boat house was opened. Scraped that idea. Went to Perris instead. Reached it around 1PM.

Air temp: 87 degrees.
Water temp: local tooner indicated it was 72.
Hunting depth: 7 to 22ft.
Wind: white caps, howling between 7 to 14mph..not fun for a tuber.

While my family enjoy their day on the beach, I went tubing along the deep sandy shore of the Parking Lots 1 and 2, and hit the Sail Cove. Meet up with the local tooner by the name of Robert. He only hammered a few bluegills. Everyone the shore line got lucky to catch a few sparing spawning bluegills. No red-ear. An Asian family caught one elusive crappie. A young Chinese male (22?), caught himself a nice 5 to 6lbs large mouth bass. He kept that for his meal. Didn't want to poss this at the FNN for the base chasers will a freaking tantrum.. Rolling Eyes

Since I didn't bring my full rig, I was just shooting blind for the school. Hit a supposed spawning area, and my live baits were stolen from me left and right. Red wigglers and Alabama jumpers were the ticket on mosquito and aberdeen hooks. Bend my hooks straight from the fight. What ever was lurking around the weed beds along the Sail Cove and the Dam, these guys were big. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my stronger hooks because I was aiming for panfish. Nightcrawlers were half/half. Plastics, powerbaits, spoons, spinners, and sauces/attractants..no go.

2Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Re: Perris 5-11-2012 Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Bummer bout havin only lite tackle.... Ive never fished that spot before might have to give a try....

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

3Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Re: Perris 5-11-2012 Mon May 14, 2012 11:28 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I thought Bass where only catch and release at Perris?

4Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Re: Perris 5-11-2012 Mon May 14, 2012 11:43 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nope. Bass can be kept if they exceed 15", and max of 2. Bass chasers are the ones to make rules about catch, picture, and release, especially for Irvine. For me, once in a while, I keep 1 at the 15" mark for eating when my wife wants one for dinner. It also help to increase larger size bass to minimize on competition for food resources, and allowing the pigs to become monstrous hogs. I focus mainly on harvesting panfish at certain size to promote panfish to grow larger sizes. Fishery management in play.

5Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Re: Perris 5-11-2012 Mon May 14, 2012 12:24 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ahh ok. If I ever catch one i'm going to keep it and just put it in the little local park lake that kids learn to fish from.

6Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Re: Perris 5-11-2012 Mon May 14, 2012 12:35 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Twisted Evil Hope that park don't catch you in the act for transporting live bass in and out of each park. Just don't throw any bass into a pond/lake that may be impaired for something, which makes the bass belly up the second it hits the water. On top of that, you have to be careful to prevent the bass from going into thermal shock as you plant it from a warm live well into the cool larger water body. Also make sure that the water you're planting this bass into has other bass in there, or there will be one major upset in the fish population. Imagine that bass get massive because it does not have any competitor for the food source. Bass + lake full of trout/panfish = living behemoth.

7Perris 5-11-2012 Empty Re: Perris 5-11-2012 Mon May 14, 2012 1:25 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

TheAsianGuy wrote: Twisted Evil Hope that park don't catch you in the act for transporting live bass in and out of each park. Just don't throw any bass into a pond/lake that may be impaired for something, which makes the bass belly up the second it hits the water. On top of that, you have to be careful to prevent the bass from going into thermal shock as you plant it from a warm live well into the cool larger water body. Also make sure that the water you're planting this bass into has other bass in there, or there will be one major upset in the fish population. Imagine that bass get massive because it does not have any competitor for the food source. Bass + lake full of trout/panfish = living behemoth.

Thanks for the tips. There are already several bass in the small lake. From what I heard they where caught at Irvine lake and transported to this small park lake.

As far as thermal shock what I planned on doing was taking a small 30 gallon tank I have as a spare in the garage with me and hook up a heater and air supply to the inverter in case I did catch a fish. Then simply put the bass in that for the ride to it's new home. That's usually how I transport fish from place to place and they have survived as long as 8 hours without any problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum