FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

6/25 perris

+2
TheAsianGuy
aftahour
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

16/25 perris Empty 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 am

aftahour

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

slow day for me. few tubers out. i was fishing sail cove. 1 rod dropshot moring dawn and the other rod a small crankbait on the other. manged 1 dink bass on the crank. few fish are busting bait. off the water by 9.

26/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:43 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

A piece of advice when chasing after the bass:

Early hours, before sunrise to the light creeps out from the horizon, sub-surface crank/swimbait, 4" to 6", mimicking bluegill/coppernose or small bass. Yep..small bass. The bass here will eat the small fry bass.

Once the sunlight breaks the surface, go deep from 8' to 16'. Switch to shakey heads, load it with watermelon-flake colored senko or pumpkin-flake senko/worm (4" to 6"). You may end up snagging  a large channel cat or the rare striper.

Once it hits roughly 10am, switch to ice jig, 1" or 2", going deep and search for the schools. Since you're at the Sail Cove, search roughly around 100ft away from the dam, and head to the midway of the damn itself. You'll find plenty of holed up schools there. Once you hit the outlet, ready for the nightmare of sudden deep boils.

36/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:20 pm

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

short day

46/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:41 pm

I Hear you on the short day , I was off the Water @ 11 today .    Day started off rough as I was sitting on Bernasconi side waiting for them to open the gate (25mins)  , Came back through the Ramona Gate  . looked down into sail cove  and I think i saw your jeep ? 

ended up in 11-12 as the sun was already breaking the cloud cover off  ...  Fish where Busting shad everywhere  Bass for sure as you can see the Green backs .  Clouds came over again for what like 20 mins ?  and I started to see Different fish hitting the shad deeper  ? they where like 1-2lbs and very dark in color , Is it possible that crappie have the same habits as bass ? 

Either way I was targeting Crappie and working marabou jigs in high colors (greens, yellows , whites)  , even threw crappie cranks ... no love  Sad   

Switched over to bass throwing the Senko on a shaky head and they where hammering it , literally hitting it before you could close your bail ..  

I will be back out Wednesday as the cloud cover is supposed to hold longer , but its supposed to be hotter 

WES

56/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good try Wes. Crappie don't have the same habit as bass, since they like to stay away from dense fish school activities. They'll stay together in their own little school, but not with the bass, since the bass will tear them up if they're in the 6" and less category.

The green backs are likely to be juvenile bass, up to 2lbs category. The dinks are all over the southern areas. During a flooding period, where more water is imported from the mountains, shads hit the shallows, and the bass chase them like wolves on the hunts. You toss a crank or spinner in the shallow, the shads will literally jumps out of the water to get away from the line.

Suggestion for crappie hunting:
Head to the tire reef ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Hunt long the tall reeds as you work yourself towards the tire reef. Like I said, any tree overhanging the water is the prime spot to hammer them.
* Rig, sliding bobber, rigged with the crappie jig (1/32oz or 1/60oz chartreuse body-yellow tip), tipped with a very small worm segment for attracting by scent, suspended less than 18" off the bottom. You will catch both green sunfish (GSF) and crappie. Coppernose will hammer this offering as well.
* If you have time, and know someone that can tie flies, like me, have them make some auto-jigs for you created by LedHed: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (I made a handful for friends earlier. Still have some left. If you live locally in Riverside (near 60 and 91), I'll gladly meet up with you tonight and give you some. Otherwise, I'll mail some to you.

If you still have some kicking strength left, head to the known beds that normally get targeted at the south side:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

and

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (This is the known as the Hidden Oasis).

There are 3 prime spots along the west side and north side of the island, if you actually have any strength left after all that kicking.

66/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:10 pm

Guess I will try again on the bernasconi Side tomorrow .  hope they have the gates open @6 or maybe just show up at 6:30  ...   as I waited at the gate this morning all I saw was a couple weird guys walking around there  .   

Scares me to leave my car  , I was up there pretty early today and i walked past the gates and the bernasconi side looks very very over grown everywhere , main paths etc  

Thanks again Leo , I have some Gps cords saved as well .. at least I have that while I wait for payday this week to replace my fish finder

Edit  ( oh btw I live on the far east side of moreno valley , right next to the lake moreno beach side , But I work @ bestbuy off day street as I am a shift lead there) so if you or anyone needs electronics come see me  ..  We will work something out for you Razz

WES

76/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the offer Wes. Too bad it's not the weekends, which we normally go shopping at the Costco and Winco there in MoVal. Let me know if you still need the auto-jigs. I still have a handful at the office, since I'm sending some to a few friends today.

By the way, I have some pinpoint GPS coordinates if you need them. I also have a private Lake Perris map with coordinates with heavy variety as well which I can PM you if you like.

86/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:11 pm

aftahour

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Thanks for the info. I just need to keep at it.

96/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:18 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

how are the weeds out in sail cove?

106/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Fishingkid

FTFF Gathering Officer

There growing fast I started fishing it hard the last 2 months I've learned a lot from my tube. The weeds are growing up fast everywhere on the lake sail cove had nearly none 2 months ago and is worse each day.

116/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:38 pm

aftahour

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

desertstorm28 wrote:how are the weeds out in sail cove?
It's not to bad compared to lot 11-12. Theres some patches near shore then clear abt 5 ft out.

126/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:42 pm

Fishingkid

FTFF Gathering Officer

I don't mind the weeds personally when fishing from a tube it's nice. From shore it's a nightmare

136/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:49 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Figured there would be some there I was out at bernasconi on Sunday and the weeds were pretty tall and thick

146/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:53 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Sell the weed to the Asians, and call it, "Fresh Water Seaweed Wraps".

156/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:32 pm

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Just a suggestion,... if you are in a grey sky condition and fish are bustin' bait,...may I suggest you fish topwater.?!!

bodfish

166/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:53 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

fished the dam from 6-11 for 1 skunk buster and had one come unbuttoned... bluestone is planned for monday the 8th

176/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:58 pm

Fishingkid

FTFF Gathering Officer

Blue stone? Say what I thought the lake was looking good right now.

186/25 perris Empty Re: 6/25 perris Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:00 pm

desertstorm28

desertstorm28
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I thought so too water clarity was 18 ft. easy today don't know why they feel the need to bluestone but I guess they are... granted I was told by a couple guys on the water who aren't lake staff so idk if they really know.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum