FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» What the Heck is going on here?
by Jerdon Yesterday at 2:28 pm

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Thu May 09, 2024 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Thu May 09, 2024 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14

+4
Yellowrock
Komori Jeff
Jerdon
bayfishingjunkie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Conditions :
- Lake Perris : East End (lot 11-12)
- Temp : 71 degrees ,
- Wind / Ski: E @ 5mph and Partly cloudy
- Water Visibility : 4' .. yes I said 4ft
- Fish Targeted : LMB and Panfish
- Fish Caught : 5 Redear , 3 BlueGill , 7 LMB  ( All RELEASED SAFELY )
- Baits used : Square Bill Crank , Spook , White Tube Jig (with red worm tip)
- Time on Water : 6:15am - 12pm

Report :

Hit the lake's Gate @ 5:50 am , of Course they did not let anyone in till right @ 6am , was the 5th car in line .  Soon As I got in I went Right to lots 11-12 (East End) , was just myself and one other Car . I Backpacked my self down to the water only to notice that the water level had dropped another 4 - 5 ft Just From Sunday  Shocked  . I knew right away that my plan of attack for the day was going to change , Because spots I Was fishing on Easter where High and Dry.

The second thing I noticed was the guy who was the only other person down there was hollering in Spanish , about huge fish and I noticed that the Carp where rolling all over the place 1ft off the bank  (Guess its there time for some loving) I Smiled @ the guy as he casted his plastic over and over @ them .

I left the launching area and headed to a spot I knew that had some sunken trees and they where shallow about 4ft deep and I casted the spook as I Walked the dog  Across the Water a nice 2.5 Perris LMB destroyed the bait coming off the bank  Twisted Evil   That was my only Topwater bite for the day as the clouds broke quickly.  Started Slow Drifting the tube Jig and I found the Panfish Willing to play Caught 3 Redear 1 right after the other all about 10-11" I love those little Drag Pullers . then the Bite went dead .. HMMMMMMM

Well the Rest of The day I drifted the Tube Jig and threw the Square Bill and I can Honestly say that the Crank Bite is off the Hook , I could See the bass in the Water after The Crank and   just totally killing it as it approached the tube , I saw almost all of the bites  , Man I love that Reaction Bite  Very Happy  My Day ended shortly after  and my 2 Biggest Fish where a nice 3.5 LMB and a 11" Male Bluegill .. SAY WHAT , that sucker was Huge  lol! 

Anyhow a Picture for you ,  Enjoy   .... WES  ... OH BTW LETS GO GIANTS !!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Good job as always my friend...I've been loving the bite lately... the buzzbait bite is fabulous and sooo much fun... I need to do the spook thing.. don't forget the jerkbait bite either

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

3Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:30 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Great report Wes and thanks for the report.

4Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:14 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Nice report as usual Wes. Thanks man. Don't you just love the power of those big BGs?! And for whatever reason, those REs can really pull drag! I can almost always tell right away that I've hooked a RE by the way they take off and make the reel's drag sing! If you don't have your drag set lightly, they will pop 2 lb test right now! Maybe even 4 lb!

5Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:05 am

Thanks Guys , I will be back out on the water Sunday , Going to give Bernasconi a shot again , I had success there earlier in the year with bass , Just hoping to avoid some of the traffic that will be flooding the east end .

The bite has been very good there and a lot of big LMB are being caught over there. Seen one caught yesterday he said it was over 10lbs in about 7ft of water on a gold crappie crank bait . I dont know as he said his scale topped out @ 10lbs. The guy was trolling them from his pontoon with the trolling motor and hooked a big one on the ultra light gear.. She was fat has a pig still , did not look like she had spawned yet.. I can say she looked big enough to be a DD

WES

6Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:36 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great report Wes as usual

7Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:22 pm

Mikeotunakiller

Mikeotunakiller
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Great report Wes! Way to be the bass king!

8Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Nice Wes.....like always...good reports and mashing em!!!!! Wtg bro

9Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:32 am

Aquaholic38

Aquaholic38
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

awesome report dude!!!! made me wanna hot the fresh now!!  Basketball 

10Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Empty Re: Perris .. Low Down .. 4-25-14 Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:11 am

wiseguy

wiseguy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report Wes! Sweet pic too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum