FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

perris heartbreak

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1perris heartbreak Empty perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:27 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Well I decided to hit perris this time with the wife.. I arrived at the lake at 2pm and launched into 70 degree water and headed for the north side of the island.. 3rd cast and I was slammed by a freight train... I got that chill that runs through your spine that let's you know the biggest bass of your life is attached to the end of your line.. life went into slow mo as my brain processed the scenario... fish so big it wouldn't jump just the deep rod bounce of a huge head shaking below then nothing.... just that overpriced jerkbait with the so called super sharp hooks that failed me again...... I just wanted to go home now.... the wife could not understand what I was going through... she said..its ok you'll get another one... not like I have not waited 42 years for that one.... I got a few more bass on the jerk but it was all so unsatisfying. That one goes on the list of the fish that got away but will haunt me forever... till next time.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

2perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:40 am

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You just had a big old catfish grab your swim bait, that's all it was.  Or maybe you snagged one of those giant Perris carp.  Really, I've hooked into what I thought would be a record bass, only it would not come up.  Had the head shakes and felt like a big bass.  Finally figured it out after a long deep fight.  Giant Channel Catfish ate my Ika.  You need to just think you didn't lose a huge bass…
(It could have been though…)

3perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:30 am

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Ahh.. the joys of fishing, what was that??? I got a huge one!!
Same thing happened to my buddy while we were at DVL, something grabbed his jig and sat on the floor, shook a little this way, shook a little that way, and then just camped out on the floor. A few seconds/hours later....pop comes up the jig.

Good times, and now you have to go back.

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

4perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:34 am

Fish of your dreams comes unbuttoned , all we can think of what could that fish have been  Shocked  , A catfish like was stated ? Possibly a Carp in the shallow water it is very likely and they run like freight train or was it a Huge LMB , they are prone to just head shaking and pulling hard and not jumping.

You are on the fish bro and have been getting some big bites at Perris A lot this yr , the next one you will land for sure , keep your head up and Fish On ! your DD will come  Thumbs Up 

BTW thanks for the report , its great to hear that you got out and with the wife , always a plus to have a lady that shares the passion that we all love Fishing !

WES

5perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:50 am

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I would call it 70 % bass 30% other species.. but more than likely a bass... and I know sometimes a fish may feel way bigger than it ends up especially on a new rod that your not used to.. but I would safely put money on this one. Was it a DD? Who knows sure felt bigger than the multitudes of 9 # fish that I've caught...felt stronger than my 10.5. Or was a 6# foul hooked.only the fish gods know the truth... but it will be a monster in my gut for a very long time... this has proven to be the year of lost fish so far for me.. we all go through them some years we can do no wrong it seems and some just work out in the fish's favor... it happens can't land them all

6perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:37 am

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

"we all go through them some years we can do no wrong it seems and some just work out in the fish's favor... it happens can't land them all"

Ain't that the truth. This is what keeps us fishing. This is what makes us give it "one last cast". This is why we go on the next trip the first chance we get. This is why we FISH!!
 cheers 

7perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:19 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Amen to that.

8perris heartbreak Empty Re: perris heartbreak Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:32 pm

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Wife got hit by the same chilling feeling, with 2 on the A-ring. Heart break is right. She was disappointed when both of them wrapped around the structure, and we ended up losing the A-rig in the process.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum