FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris 4/8

+3
dlobo
fisheromen
Jerdon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris 4/8 Empty Perris 4/8 Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:44 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I got shot a hitting Perris this afternoon.  I have no gages on my float so...
I need to copy Wes's format, but here I go.

Air temp: Flipping hot I'm guessing close to 90
Water temp: Warm felt like 75 or more but someone said 67
Visibility: About a foot. Green algae in the shallowz!!
Time 3:00 pm till 5:00 pm
Wacky Rigged Senko ... Green Pumpkin
Texas Rigged curly tail worm... Purple
Drop Shot wavy tail minnow.... Green
Texas Rigged Fluke ... Trout looking thing

I got hit on my 4th cast right off the launch ramp, a fiesty little 13 inch male. Makes the trip really when they hit so quick. I was getting picked at and short hits continually around the reeds.
My wife came with me and wanted to get a pic so I had to move over. Got a couple of misses  right next to shore (see the photo) and then all quiet.
I moved off to deeper water and caught another shorty, and then another on back to back casts. Then nada, but I was pretty happy, I kicked over to the reeds to the west and about 30 minutes later landed another little male and missed a group of hits.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Maybe more practice? But the bass are biting at Perris

http://jerdonking.tripod.com/

2Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:54 pm

fisheromen

fisheromen
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Just curious, did you ever snag or hit the rods in your rack when casting?

3Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:00 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I didn't know Perris got that green. Has that always hapenned?

4Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:14 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

dlobo... I don't remember it being this green. However, there was NO wind and the water is about 12 inches lower than last Wednesday. I should add it does get pretty green in the shallows when things warm up, but it is usually crystal clear by Bersconi and the dam if that's what you want.

fisheromen... I think you are talking about the angle of the rod holders. If that is the case I have hit bushes and reeds spinning around, but it is nothing I wouldn't have collided with anyways. Never rocks and I haven't been around docks. It is SUPER convenient not having rods in my lap or in my elbows.

ADD fisheromen: I miss read you post. nope

5Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:58 am

Nice going on the Fish  Thumbs Up   , Yes the water is Way down about 10ft now and the algae is out of control. I have never seen it this bad . like you have said we usually have 6-8 ft visibility.

Anyhow I was out on 4-8 Early AM and only fished a few hrs before work called asking me to come in. I saw a couple Older Gentleman in a Tracker working 1 spot in the east end & as I observed them they where dipping into the livewell and fishing with goldfish and catching a lot of bass and keeping everyone of them . I made a phone call to the Ranger Station and within 10 mins had a ranger glassing the area from parking lot 11-12 . they confirmed what I had said and then I watched the patrol boat come cruising in , these guys tried to take off   lol!  they did stop and the patrol boat searched there tracker where they had 7 bass , 5 of which where under 15"  thrown in a cooler on ice . all where dead as they where cutting there gills with a pair of pliers  Mad 

anyhow it was good seeing these guys get there citations and promises to appear in court .

The fishing is good still and the bass are still looking good , water Temp Was 67 @ 6:15am , about time to break out the board shorts .

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I will be back out at Perris Thursday , Hit me up if you wanna go Jerdon .. will be early 6am ish

WES

6Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:55 am

Wyu

Wyu
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Misfitdog wrote:Nice going on the Fish  Thumbs Up   , Yes the water is Way down about 10ft now and the algae is out of control. I have never seen it this bad . like you have said we usually have 6-8 ft visibility.

Anyhow I was out on 4-8 Early AM and only fished a few hrs before work called asking me to come in. I saw a couple Older Gentleman in a Tracker working 1 spot in the east end & as I observed them they where dipping into the livewell and fishing with goldfish and catching a lot of bass and keeping everyone of them . I made a phone call to the Ranger Station and within 10 mins had a ranger glassing the area from parking lot 11-12 . they confirmed what I had said and then I watched the patrol boat come cruising in , these guys tried to take off   lol!  they did stop and the patrol boat searched there tracker where they had 7 bass , 5 of which where under 15"  thrown in a cooler on ice . all where dead as they where cutting there gills with a pair of pliers  Mad 

anyhow it was good seeing these guys get there citations and promises to appear in court .

The fishing is good still and the bass are still looking good , water Temp Was 67 @ 6:15am , about time to break out the board shorts .

I will be back out at Perris Thursday , Hit me up if you wanna go Jerdon .. will be early 6am ish

WES

Way to go man. I would have liked to watch those poachers get caught too.

7Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:22 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

Misfitdog wrote:Nice going on the Fish  Thumbs Up   , Yes the water is Way down about 10ft now and the algae is out of control. I have never seen it this bad . like you have said we usually have 6-8 ft visibility.

WES

GOOD ish WES Thumbs Up , WTG bro, i would have done the same...

8Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:23 am

Tony G Fishing

Tony G Fishing

WTG Jerdon!!!! thanks for the report!

9Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:36 am

bballnono

bballnono
FTFF Member
FTFF Member

Nice report Jerdon! And way to go with those poachers Wes!

10Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Haha Wes,
I was out again this morning from 9 to noon. Caught 4 more little bass, maybe a "personal smallest" on a wakey rigged senko, this little dude was maybe 7 inches. Anyways, I noticed that the rangers were really shaking somebody down at the entry, had his lunch boxes and ice chests lined up on the ground next to his boat. I wonder if your call woke them up a bit? I also seen a ranger talking to some dude with a kayak and a trolling motor in the parking lot, looked like he was being turned away.

Wes, where are you getting in at 4 AM?

11Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:25 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

They can afford a boat and fuel but afford decency.
That is bewildering to me. They should have their license, permits and privileges taken away for that S**t.

12Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

I was wondering what kind of fines someone could get for this behavior. These guys were five over the limit and had five undersized. I looked and get different answers, but I believe a call to a lawyer is eminent for these two. There is no chance they can claim ignorance on that level. I'm just guessing but they are looking at a $2000 or so on the low end.  Undersized fish can be anywhere from $100 for the first fish plus $20 to $250 each extra depending on who you talk to.  If the courts wanted to be nasty they could say introducing a foreign species, as in the gold fish, could be 15K fine!!

I got some info from these sites.

Specific Fines
The state designates base fines for specific offenses related to hunting and fishing. For example, someone in possession of undersized fish faces a $250 fine for each fish that does not meet the state's size regulations for that particular species.

The California DFG has hundreds of regulation pertaining to sport fishing ... To to keep it simple, we focused on violations and the associated fines, which affect bass anglers. .....  Catching and keeping an undersized fish will cost $100 and an additional $20 for every fish under the size limit the game warden finds in your possession....  Having caught and kept more than a limit of a specific species will run an offender $100 (this fine various by species).

If you every thought about catching fish from one body of water and stocking up your local lake or pond, don’t!  If you’re caught, it will cost you a whopping $15,000.

13Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:29 pm

Jerdon wrote:Haha Wes,
I was out again this morning from 9 to noon. Caught 4 more little bass, maybe a "personal smallest" on a wakey rigged senko, this little dude was maybe 7 inches. Anyways, I noticed that the rangers were really shaking somebody down at the entry, had his lunch boxes and ice chests lined up on the ground next to his boat. I wonder if your call woke them up a bit? I also seen a ranger talking to some dude with a kayak and a trolling motor in the parking lot, looked like he was being turned away.

Wes, where are you getting in at 4 AM?

They have become more aware lately , due to our tips and they are taking action which is good . This was the second person I have seen in the last week getting stopped . If you did not know Perris Actually has 14 Rangers on Payroll and they are becoming very Active . weeding out the not so honest people !!

14Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:50 pm

Yellowrock

Yellowrock
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

That's the way to go Wes! I commend you of doing what we all want to do when we see sh!t like that. I have this co-worker that bragged about catching and keeping 5+ big LMB at a little lake somewhere off the 5 fwy, he wouldn't give me the actual name of the lake when he saw my reaction when he told me how he caught them. He used a NET! No, not a fishermans scooping net. An actual freaking poaching net! He threw it in and hand lined in the fish. I was so pissed to hear that that I told him to tell me when's the next time he's going so I can call DFG to arrest his azz. He thought that was funny until he got the stare of death from me. I'm still pissed at him till this day.

15Perris 4/8 Empty Re: Perris 4/8 Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:58 pm

dlobo

dlobo
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Jerdon I think the 4 was the month and he went in the AM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum