FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Wed May 08, 2024 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Empty Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:26 am

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Ok, so I originally planned for a 10am launch, schedule changes etc turned that into roughly 1130ish. A friend of the family has a son of my son's age (16) who I try  to include in stuff whenever I can.  This was his first tubing trip and his maybe  3rd fishing trip ever.  
Launched out of Bernasconi into TV fishing show conditions,  air temp mid 80s I believe, water temp in shorts and dive boots felt to be a solid 72-74.  Cool enough to feel refreshing, warm enough not to cost over time.
That whole beach is underwater trees and basically a field of tumbleweed (on the bottom) and other plants.  Tossed small finger and curl tail grubs.

My guest spent about 10 min in the water (pre water prep prob took half hour) then said it didn't interest him.  Rolling Eyes
I tooled around a bit, to the outside of the submerged treeline, talked to a few fishermen.  One fellow fly fishing from his tube said he'd caught one or got one bite but the fishing had been steadily declining over the last week or so.  That was the basic story from everyone I talked to, very slow, no fish, one fish or just a bite.  
We ended up in the no fish, net negative category.  So I packed it in and took him home.  Ah well.  LAH this Sunday is not a training trip.  My son will be in that tube and things'll be a lil bit different. But I tried.

2Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Empty Re: Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Jerdon

Jerdon
Largemouth Bass
Largemouth Trophy

Sorry for the skunk, but you can only do better from there.
How is parking over there now?

Thanks for sharing.

3Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Empty Re: Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:05 pm

Fishbones805

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Maybe a 50 yard walk to the water? Nasty rocks, dive boots or water shoes, no fin socks.

4Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Empty Re: Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:56 pm

Komori Jeff

Komori Jeff
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Can't you just launch from the old Bernasconi Road bed, or is it all torn up because of the heavy equipment driving back and forth over it again and again? My buddy has been tearing up the big "Gills from his boat, but he doesn't fish in that area.

5Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Empty Re: Perris 06/29/18 .......Seriously? Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:56 pm

SP Dan

SP Dan

You get an "A" for your Perris effort pop's!

How were the winds at LAH on Sunday?
I'll be watching the wind predictions for LAH and I will be planning a few sessions in there soon.
Perhaps we'll bump into one another in there ... that would be cool!  Thumbs Up

SP Dan     <"))><

"Obsessive Compulsive Fishing Disorder"!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum