FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Today at 9:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by Dannicus in Big'un at Hodges 4/28
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corona Lake 10/22/2011

+4
n2deepfsw
jeffcpr
ed5000x
Kelster
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:05 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Water 68^ in the morning and up to 72^ later. I stuck around until they closed. I started at the dam with every other nut out there and couldn't get them to bite, only saw two fish caught off of boats. After I worked the opposite shore from the launch, saw lots of shad but no fish, shad were picking bugs off of the surface. I metered nothing but small fish there so there were no predators. I threw super dupers and jigs and no takers. I kept working south then was working the middle of the lake down there when a boater comes by and says he is going after cats. I remember I have some night crawlers and decide to change things up. I thought that I was finally going to have the first skunk in a long time. I start heading for the sticks and I meter fish in 8' of water, tie on the crawler, drop shot, and within a minute the first bite of the day and a crappie.8"-9", 12:00 noon water 71^. I catch one more 10" and then I think that I am snagged so I kick back to the "snag" to get untangled and there the pole tells me it is no snag but a fish. Strong fight keeps to the bottom, I finally get it up and for some reason I am kinda freaked by what I see, "the first unmanly thing I did". The fish wasn't white, it didn't have any color, it's big and the dorsal fin is poking holes in my hand as I am getting the hook out. The mouth is round and I have never caught anything like it. I'm thinking about putting it in my basket but I have been C&R so much this year I just let it slip out of my hand. Finally talk w/ a boater and he says it was a Talapia, had to go a couple of pounds. After that short bites just stealing the worm. I saw fish floating close to shore and out in the middle of the lake also. Hope the water cools down and the trout come out to play.
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

2Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:46 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Well no stink time for you on that day great work on the hunt and not giving up and great caught to keep wetting tho line bro

3Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:16 am

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Good report thanks for the pictures. To bad you did not get a picture of the Tilapia sounds like the cool catch of the day.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

4Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:37 am

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great report Kelster!

5Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:11 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Great info considering that lake for some trout, but seems like it may still be a bit early in the year..

6Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

LGHT wrote:Great info considering that lake for some trout, but seems like it may still be a bit early in the year..
yeah thats kinda what I was thinking...going nuts waiting though...

7Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:03 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Thanks, don't know if I will go to Corona or Perris this Saturday. Leaning to Corona as I hate to lose and I want to prove to myself that I can learn that little lake and catch fish.

8Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:21 pm

Mendozauly

Mendozauly
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Looking to go and check out this lake, I have fish it for Kitty's but never with plastic. I have always wanted to try for the tailwakers, but always stuck to my old ways. Now im looking to try new methods and new type's of fish. Maybe this could be a good 3rd fishing outing. confused

9Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:43 pm

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Seems like trout are in action (according to the fish report yesterday) at corona. I might try and get out Saturday since the old lady is working anyway.

Barely two weeks old, the trout bite at Corona Lake is already approaching a mid-season pace with lots of limits of rainbows and quality trout already showing in good numbers.
The big rainbow this past week was a 9 1/2 pounder that topped off a seven-fish, 24 1/2-pound limit reported by Jeff Chadkowski and Michelle Estrella of Pomona fishing nightcrawlers from a boat. Jesse Gutierrez, Downey, landed an eight-pound rainbow on yellow dough bait at the dam, while Jerahmi Wichman, Tujunga, had six trout for 24 pounds fishing garlic Power Bait from shore. Nick and Jeff De Maio, Irvine, landed eight rainbows for 19 pounds on green floating bait off the dam shoreline.
Unlike the first week of the season, when the trout artificials were the hot ticket for fish, the best action has been in deeper water at the dam for boat and float tube anglers and the dam shorelinOcte fishing floating dough baits.
While almost no one is fishing catfish any longer, the bite has been good for those targeting the cats in deeper water with scented cut baits or stink baits. Joe Bolden, Carson, landed a 9 1/2-pounder on mackerel out behind the tackle shop.

10Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:53 am

fishslayer

fishslayer
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I dont trust the fish reports that come from the lakes themselves, only the ones I get from other fishermen on the various websites.

11Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:13 am

harptube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Corona is FEAST or FAMINE but I have had more FEAST that FAMINE you need to fish by the dam go deep and slow although I have never tubed the lake I have spoken to many tubers and that seems to be the ticket one pole w/small jigs (Berkleys mice)2nd w/lime twist power bait&garlic scent

12Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:19 am

harptube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

There are also MONSTER BASS in this lake very few people go after them I believe the lake record over 16lbs Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

13Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Empty Re: Corona Lake 10/22/2011 Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:37 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Yeah I was thinking about that fish report coming directly from them and it's validity since they are a pay lake and stand to make a good profit if they have a good "report". I've only floated a fresh water lake once and didn't get anything, but a small blue gill so I'm really hoping to get in more time on the water. Still trying to make something happen this weekend.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum