FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by SP Dan Today at 3:54 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by jeffcpr Today at 10:56 am

» The Maxxon 240
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 12:24 pm

» Motor project finished!
by Jerdon Tue May 07, 2024 6:51 pm

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Tue May 07, 2024 4:59 pm

» The Captain was good to me 5/7
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:54 pm

» Otay trifecta 5/4
by Dannicus Tue May 07, 2024 3:36 pm

» Patreon Supporter OnWater
by Jerdon Mon May 06, 2024 7:26 pm

» What are or were your questions
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 11:37 am

» OnWater App is now a supporter of the Float Tube Fishing Patreon and Forum
by jeffcpr Mon May 06, 2024 10:02 am

» I'm New Here
by easeup Sun May 05, 2024 4:40 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sun May 05, 2024 7:34 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Posts with the most reactions of the month

» Post by jeffcpr in OK I wrote a book
( 5 )

» Post by dreamingthoughawake in Hello from MD _ just ordered a Cumberland tube last night
( 4 )

» Post by SP Dan in 10 minutes before dark
( 3 )

» Post by Dannicus in Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
( 3 )

» Post by SP Dan in Things are looking better!
( 3 )

You are not connected. Please login or register

Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late

+5
Tubinferbass
Fisher
LGHT
bodfish
Kelster
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:53 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I arrived at the lake at 3:15am and still didn't make it to the turn, I was facing north rather then south towards the gate. They opened early and I picked up some NC's and headed to the launch. On the water at 6:30.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
It was all that crowded at first but changed.I fished the dam area but couldn't buy a bite. Shoreline people yelling at boats and tubes, couple of real JAB-BAGS. (On the lakes site I saw a couple of them with full baskets of fish) 100 feet is less the 35 yards, NUFF said. So I head back to the launch ramp for a pit stop around 9:00. As I head back out one of my poles gets fouled so I just drop my PM and start to work on the other pole, 16' deep 59^. Hook up to my first TW and get it all the way to the net and it snaps my leader. Turn back around and I am metering fish and second hook-up, same thing to the net and snap. Loosen the drag again and keep working from the courtesy dock to halfway to the buoy. I finally land two, one of them a TW.
I hear a ding from my phone telling me that I received a text and my pole goes BENDO, this is the strongest FW fish that I have ever hooked into. Line is peeling and I am kicking to catch up, I retrieve some line and then for 45 minutes I am fighting. It never breaks the surface just stays deep, at times right under me. The pole is 7.5' and it is bent completely over. I never saw what it was but when it shook it's head I could feel it. I started at 10:44 and the 4# line finally broke at 11:30. I had to strip hal of the line off of the spool because it had stretched so much that it would just curl up as it came off of the spool.
The bit died for awhile so I kicked down to the buoy and my NC pole finally looks like I might have a bite, it was a very small BG lipped so I throw him back.
The lake is glass now so I just go back to the ramp area and catch my third trout. All trout were caught on a Carolina 12" or so leader w/ rainbow PB and a pink shad PW. Total weight for the (3) trout a little over 7 LBs.
I saw the guy catch that 17# monster at the dam area in a boat.
A totally different kind of "fishermen" AKA JAG-BAGS, so I will not be going there for these kind of days. I saw lots of good size fish being caught from the shore and out on the water. I had a good day after I got away from the zoo at the dam, relaxing and adrenaline filled with that 45 minute fight. I just wish that I could have seen what it was.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:35 am

bodfish

Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Hey guys,
Good job mister,
And yes, the few times I have reconned Corona and the SARL system I noticed a lower common denominator amongst some of the players. This is something I see less frequently at Irvine and LNL. It makes for so much more a pleasant experience without that, what I like to call "bear fishing" going on . You know the type, really really loud ,messy, is usually doing something illegal, has nothing but sh-t to say to anyone and thinks he rules the lake.

Things could be so easy if it were'nt for the people....

bodfish

3Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:22 am

LGHT

LGHT
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Thanks for the great write up. I've thought about trying out Corona a few times, but I the few times I've targeted stocker trout they seem to like the shallows so you kind of have to fish close to shore and if your in a tube and a bunch of jerks on the shore it's not a good situation. I fished LNL Friday and I fished pretty close to shore along with around 10 others in boats / tubes and everyone was not only helpful and courteous, but even more then willing to provide tips on what they are biting on and help you out.

Corona is pretty far from me so dealing with jerks on the shore I doubt I'll make it out to that lake. I may try SARL, but I really enjoyed LNL so far even though I had to pay a few bucks more to fish.

4Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:29 am

Fisher

Fisher
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

nice report i havent been to corona for a while now

5Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:00 pm

Tubinferbass

Tubinferbass
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Those are some nice trout great post!!

http://www.lastchancetackle.com

6Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:24 pm

harptube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

Nice fish gotta watch out when trout season starts there they advertise big time and hense to many drunken idiots that's why I prefer Fridays or Mondays the dam is the best spot for huge trout lime twist PB is the ticket.

7Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 pm

harptube

Junior FTFF Member
Junior FTFF Member

And also do not go there the day after thansgiving way to many people. Just stay home eat turkey sandwiches and suck dowm some breweskis Thumbs Up

8Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:42 pm

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

That's some nice size trout Kelster!

9Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 am

Konacrush

Konacrush
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Nice report bra sounds like a nice fight

https://youtu.be/mGBfDMfA0RU

10Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:10 am

Kelster

Kelster
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

Konacrush wrote:Nice report bra sounds like a nice fight
Fo' Shua!
Mahalo nui loa.
Best freshwater fight that I have ever had. Heavier tackle and I might have brought it in but I really like the UL. Keep up the reports and I'll meet up with you guys soon at Perris.
Hau’oli La Ho’omakika’i

11Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Empty Re: Corona Lake 11/19/11...Late Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

TheAsianGuy

TheAsianGuy
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Always love to see you report Kelster. Keep those posts coming.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum