FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Yesterday at 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Yesterday at 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Yesterday at 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rinsing Your Tube After Using It In The Saltwater

+8
HEADCASE881
bodfish
Vagabond
flyfishingfool
MASSfisher
n2deepfsw
waxon67
IN2DEEP
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

You could use a portable bilge pump and a 5 gl bucket and some hose.

You could use a puddle pump like from Home Depot with hose connections to a 5 gl bucket. Use a Harbor Freight Inverter and just plug into your cig lighter. Shoot, buy the pump at HF too.

You could use a "Hudson" garden style sprayer.

You could use a 5gl bucket and just bale the water to rinse things off.

You could use the hose at the various launch points near the small sail boat storage areas like they have at NP.

You could use a 5gl bucket and a toy water cannon. Take the cannon on board when you fish to nail rowers. I like this one. Multi tasking.

Use the showers at places that provide them e.g. sheriff station at NP.

Wait until you get home.

Hang with Vagabond and borrow his cleaning system. He likes to lend stuff out. I should know.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:You could use a portable bilge pump and a 5 gl bucket and some hose.

You could use a puddle pump like from Home Depot with hose connections to a 5 gl bucket. Use a Harbor Freight Inverter and just plug into your cig lighter. Shoot, buy the pump at HF too.

You could use a "Hudson" garden style sprayer.

You could use a 5gl bucket and just bale the water to rinse things off.

You could use the hose at the various launch points near the small sail boat storage areas like they have at NP.

You could use a 5gl bucket and a toy water cannon. Take the cannon on board when you fish to nail rowers. I like this one. Multi tasking.

Use the showers at places that provide them e.g. sheriff station at NP.

Wait until you get home.

Hang with Vagabond and borrow his cleaning system. He likes to lend stuff out. I should know.

Lol! You forgot When it rains...

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Lol! You forgot When it rains...[/quote]

Ha ha! Shoot if were talking let it rain then how about just leaving it in the back of your pick up and going through a drive through car wash? Again...multi tasking. lol!

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Docrunner wrote:
Vagabond wrote:
But I am a total gear cleaning addict I wash every thing down when I get home and am actually working on putting a 5 gallon water tank with sprayer on my truck so I can rinse stuff on site or when in the Sierras.

Like this?

Nomad2Go.

www(DOT)nomad2go(DOT)com/pressure-washer-washing/nomad-18-volt-cordless(DOT)aspx

My bud has this in his truck and says it's awesome! No more wife b*tch*ng about him and his son dragging sand back home whenever they go surf fishing or kayaking. Seems pricey at $250, but they say it's totally worth it.

Forum won't let me post links yet, cuz I'm a noob! bounce

Harbor Freight has an electric pressure washer pretty portable and pretty cheap. Might be worth a look.

Hammer 4

Hammer 4
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Never unzip mine, just hose it off real good with fresh water. My tube is in the salt 99.99% of the time.

n2deepfsw

n2deepfsw
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I 100% tube in the salt, I just hose it off when I get home and call it a day.

Vagabond

Vagabond
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I actually just picked up one of those Nomad H2O to go sprayers like you guys posted. Just got it off Ebay for about $40 for the unit used plus shipping. All it needed was a new fitting where the hose connects to the tank which was another $4. So far it's pretty awesome and I can fill it with 3.5 gallons of tap, distilled or deionized water.

Another option for about $40-60 Sports Chalet sells a Zodi portable shower that runs off batteries that you just drop the pickup into a container of water and it sprays it out but the pressure isn't that high. I got one for showering when we go the desert and camping and for a portable hot shower their set up is pretty awesome.

FishinPhil

FishinPhil
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I just go with my plan I had when I had my kayak. I carry three gallons of water in the trunk. I wash off my tube and my feet (get rid of the wader foot stink!) and I let the tube start drying while I put my gear away. Warm shower for the rods and reels when I get home.
Let them drain off a little and then spray with Salt X. I have never had any issues with corrision on my gear. Salt X neutralizes salt and it works great.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum