FLOAT TUBE FISHING FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Float Tube Fishing Forum We're Always On The Fish

Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner Clearance Banner
Clearance Banner

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» A freshwater fish report from Lake Ocotillo, Arizona
by jmytuna Sat May 18, 2024 3:04 pm

» Classic Accessories Still Selling
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:39 pm

» Survival Fishing Contest?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:31 pm

» Back in the tube, AB with BMF: 5-11-24
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:23 pm

» Some good growth.
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:20 pm

» What the Heck is going on here?
by SP Dan Sat May 18, 2024 1:15 pm

» Landing Net Raffle from Patreon
by jeffcpr Sat May 18, 2024 8:13 am

» Scadden Slash Float Tube
by jeffcpr Fri May 17, 2024 11:54 am

» Amazing thing at El Capitan 4/22
by david886720 Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 pm

» The Float Tube Fishing Patreon
by jeffcpr Tue May 14, 2024 11:34 am

» Gathering at Los Alamitos Bay
by jeffcpr Mon May 13, 2024 11:03 pm

» FRM Boards available again.
by Dannicus Sat May 11, 2024 8:36 am

Donate to the FTFF
Clearance Banner

Members benifits
Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

Clearance Banner

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Next Great Outing!!!

+5
Madbasser
bayfishingjunkie
ed5000x
jeffcpr
Dano67
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 13]

201The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:51 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:Castaic is a "no biggy" but since you really need committed votes here I vote salt cuz its always my first choice. Now for location, I can do SD no prob. But I was just at Balboa island doing some dock fishin and it looks pretty interesting to me. Easy launching, new territory and pain in the a$$ parking. A great combination. Just stirring the pot ya'll. Cuz when we did NPH we only hit a fraction of what the whole area has to offer. I kinda like to dissect the geography a little more imho.

I'm with you there Tom. I vote Salt as well again. As for the NPH fishery, I most likely know the areas you fished in the Balboa side of NPH. I love that place. NPH is not the fishery as it was 5 years ago. Spotties are not as in numbers as they use to be. NPH will always be my favorite place to tube for sure. I am game with either NPH (Balboa Area), LAB or San Diego Bay. The inner area around Balboa Island is some fun fishing with a ton of docks. Parking a car or a truck is a PAIN IN THE BUTT. It's filled with one way TINY streets. Trying to coordinate 10 cars in one general area is going to be impossible. In turn means regulating the launch and weigh in time is not happening. Let's see what everyone wants to do.

is there anyone who know the area in SD?

202The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 pm

ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
waxon67 wrote:Castaic is a "no biggy" but since you really need committed votes here I vote salt cuz its always my first choice. Now for location, I can do SD no prob. But I was just at Balboa island doing some dock fishin and it looks pretty interesting to me. Easy launching, new territory and pain in the a$$ parking. A great combination. Just stirring the pot ya'll. Cuz when we did NPH we only hit a fraction of what the whole area has to offer. I kinda like to dissect the geography a little more imho.

I'm with you there Tom. I vote Salt as well again. As for the NPH fishery, I most likely know the areas you fished in the Balboa side of NPH. I love that place. NPH is not the fishery as it was 5 years ago. Spotties are not as in numbers as they use to be. NPH will always be my favorite place to tube for sure. I am game with either NPH (Balboa Area), LAB or San Diego Bay. The inner area around Balboa Island is some fun fishing with a ton of docks. Parking a car or a truck is a PAIN IN THE BUTT. It's filled with one way TINY streets. Trying to coordinate 10 cars in one general area is going to be impossible. In turn means regulating the launch and weigh in time is not happening. Let's see what everyone wants to do.

I have fished SD Bay a few times and they were all in a boat. The guy to ask would be bayfishingjunkie. I haven't been to SD Bay in years. I'm lost there in a tube for sure. I know how I would fish the place, but as for launch area, amenities, I have no clue. bayfishingjunkie, please chime in! Thanks!

203The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:21 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

lagunaCOCONUT wrote:
ed5000x wrote:
lagunaCOCONUT wrote:

I have fished SD Bay a few times and they were all in a boat. The guy to ask would be bayfishingjunkie. I haven't been to SD Bay in years. I'm lost there in a tube for sure. I know how I would fish the place, but as for launch area, amenities, I have no clue. bayfishingjunkie, please chime in! Thanks!

yes please chime in Thumbs Up

204The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:08 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

You wont believe this but I just typed in a long detailed message to answer you guys and I pushed the wrong button and erased it... so to make a long story short.. San Diego bay is Nirvana for bay fishing... there are spots in there that are equal to fishing offshore... and so much structure its what I consider our little version of the Florida keys. You can actually catch Bonefish there. Its so big that there is no way you could fish it all and trust me I have tried, I concentrate on the area located behind the sportfishing landings on Scott street and Emerson. on point loma. I launch from shelter island park... no fee to park, its a rock climb of about 30 feet to a mud launch then your already fishing, I work the basin area docks and structure.a slow day is a 10 fish I have been there and watched waves, I mean that litteraly, waves of Baracuda swim through for hours.... white sea bass, halibut, Bay bass boiling.... its an amazing place to fish and its just an entire different feel and vibe.. you need to hang out there drink a beer and eat some fresh shark tacos, then go fish and enjoy a mini vacation. It is the one spot that still excites me like I was a little boy fishing all over again. If you have a specific question let me know.

http://www.kickbassfishing.com

205The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:01 am

Dano67

Dano67

I have a question!! Is everyone else sold on SD for the outing on the 30th? If there are no objections, I say we move the offical place to SD and go get us some mad fishing Very Happy

206The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:39 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Agreed Let go SD
Very Happy
This is my vote and i am sticking with it Very Happy

207The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:12 am

Count me in! That's all I need to hear about the area! I have always known SD Bay for being an extremely dynamic area and bayfishingjunkie confirms that. I have always wanted to tube it and here we go!

208The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:05 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

SD - let's do it to it. Thumbs Up

209The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:22 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

I will go either way but is there any chance we could move the date back 1 week? like I said its always like a mini vacation for me because of the long drive i prefer to stay down there. it also gives our leader jeff an opportunity to join us... if not no problem i will figure something out. and we have better tidal movement with the new moon

210The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:04 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

I'm cool wirh that.

211The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:22 pm

Madbasser

Madbasser
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

If you guys move it out a week, then that would be mothers day weekend. Just FYI in case that's a deal breaker for anyone, especially spending the night out there and stuff. The Bomb

212The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:00 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Good point. Does not affect me but needs to be considered.

213The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:53 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

well if you want change the date i can not make it that mothersday weekend
so if its changed please let me no so i can tell my kids about santa fe dam moonlight fishing

they love it so its a win win weekend for me i still get to go do something Thumbs Up

either way i will have enough hambergers for everyone cheers

214The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:02 pm

waxon67

waxon67
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:well if you want change the date i can not make it that mothersday weekend
so if its changed please let me no so i can tell my kids about santa fe dam moonlight fishing

they love it so its a win win weekend for me i still get to go do something Thumbs Up

Mmmmm burgers...Uh...eh..hemmm...uh I cant fish without Ed

215The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:37 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Not sure what the reason is for the move I see how mothers day weekend could mess this up. I suggest stick with the day first choose and try to say with the original plan.
Dano is running this so let him pick the spot I think everyone has there in put. As soon as you set it up I will let my guy
know and he will try to get some sample lures for your gathering.
I am sure what ever you choose, you guys will have a blast, I think it is important that you have some plan set before this weekend for it to work out the best for all.
Just my two cents, take it or leave it.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

216The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:07 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Ok As long as the date is the same I can go. my hall pass has been signed and approved and dano your doing a great job and we are all big boys here so what ever you say is good with me if we can make it or dont Thumbs Up

217The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:44 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

waxon67 wrote:
ed5000x wrote:well if you want change the date i can not make it that mothersday weekend

Mmmmm burgers...Uh...eh..hemmm...uh I cant fish without Ed

Are you saying that because i make a good burger scratch Thumbs Up

218The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:07 am

Dano67

Dano67

Everyone,

Date will stay the same. It seems like the best weekend and I know that most of us have the day already scheduled. SD bay will be the place for sure. Early start time to get on those fishy fast. We can still do the cook out after. Someone needs to check on the camping thing but it is only an hour from my house so I will just drive in the morning.

219The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:22 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

Dano67 wrote:Everyone,

Date will stay the same. It seems like the best weekend and I know that most of us have the day already scheduled. SD bay will be the place for sure. Early start time to get on those fishy fast. We can still do the cook out after. Someone needs to check on the camping thing but it is only an hour from my house so I will just drive in the morning.

I am in on the trip and i still bringing hambergers and all the fixing Thumbs Up
thanks
Ed

220The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:55 pm

jeffcpr

jeffcpr
Admin
Patreon Member
Gold Member
Spottied Bay Bass
Legal Catch from the Tube
Prize Trout
Prize Trout Caught
Sandbass
Large Sandbass Catch

Way to go boys luck to everyone later.

Matthew 4:19 Fisher of Men
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
https://floattubeforum.forumotion.com

221The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:27 pm

bayfishingjunkie

bayfishingjunkie
Team Poseidon
Team Poseidon

like I said I'll go either way... I'll be staying at the vagabond inn right in front of the fishing spot. see ya there

222The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:03 pm

bayfishingjunkie wrote:like I said I'll go either way... I'll be staying at the vagabond inn right in front of the fishing spot. see ya there

I didn't know Vagabond owns an INN??? Smile Razz Wink

223The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 pm

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ok we now have a date and a place could we get some kind of map where we are fishing Thumbs Up

224The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am

ed5000x

ed5000x
Senior FTFF Member
Senior FTFF Member

ed5000x wrote:ok we now have a date and a place could we get some kind of map where we are fishing Thumbs Up

Oh And Meeting Place Please
Thanks Ed

225The Next Great Outing!!! - Page 9 Empty Re: The Next Great Outing!!! Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:52 am

Dano67

Dano67

Since we are all new to the area, bayfishingjunkie, could you suggest a meeting place and where all the big fish are?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum